PDA

View Full Version : CZ or Witness revisited.

XD-Ro
September 4, 2007, 11:47 PM
I'm really torn between the two right now.

I'm looking at a new ISPC gun and I've been looking at the CZ75. However, for considerably less I can get a EAA Witness which is an excellent CZ clone.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Witness because of the price of the pistol itself. Mag prices are about the same (MECGAR mags for either running approx. $18 or so for 16rd mags) so that won't play a part in my decision making.

Which pistol would be more competitive out of the box, sight options and availability, spare parts, holster options, etc.

I'm also not very concern about the EAA customer service or lack there-of. I'll take it to my local gunsmith if I can't fix it.

So, sell me on either one of these pistols.

SAS Phantom
September 5, 2007, 04:54 AM
I have a Fullsize .45 Wittness, buttets on target all the time. Never had a FTF, jam or anything. I fact I getting a 9mm conversion kit for it this week. Swing by here for more info
http://p201.ezboard.com/CZ-CLONE-CLUB/fczechpistols82792frm35

kristop64089
September 5, 2007, 06:36 AM
The only drawback to the Witness Full size(which doesn't matter for me) is:
The front sight would have to be milled down as it is part of the slide. But ,it is two orange rear ,white front ,on mine

Willie D
September 5, 2007, 09:13 AM
The Witness will save you $50-100 approx. Not chump change but it's not as though the CZ is a total wallet buster. Bud's gun shop jacked up the price recently but they're still only $417.

Maybe I got a bad Witness or maybe the older ones are less reliable but mine stovepiped all the time and really turned me off the brand. However, it was very accurate and comfortable. Maybe I just had a bad extractor.

cryption
September 5, 2007, 09:19 AM
i like the way the CZ shoots better.

PPGMD
September 5, 2007, 10:51 AM
For competition use you are going to want to be able to change the sights, so I would get the CZ.

ZeSpectre
September 5, 2007, 11:27 AM
Don't know much about the witness to be truthful. I have, however, seen what CZ pistols can go through and still function. I vote CZ, especially as you are thinking competition.

eerw
September 5, 2007, 11:44 AM
minor note..

the new witness are built using the large frame. and are slightly bigger than the CZ gun.

both guns can be smithed to have trigger triggers..

boogalou1
September 5, 2007, 01:54 PM
How much do you want to spend? The new Witness Match (SA) and Stock (DA/SA) are great guns for competition. Check out the following link -

http://henningshootsguns.com/index.html

Elvishead
September 5, 2007, 08:34 PM
Eazy, CZ.

Do it right the first time, trust me, I've leard the hard way.

ICE1210
September 8, 2007, 12:46 PM
I have a Witness .45 that I've shot for years. No problems at all. I have shot at least 1500 rounds through it in competition and plinking. My witness has been as reliable as a brick. My father in law has the CZ in .40 he has had numerous FTE's. Humble Opinion, Get the Witness.

briang2ad
September 8, 2007, 01:05 PM
Has had issues with FTE's. Almost all are extractor spring or dirt - 5 minute fix.

Pilot
September 8, 2007, 01:28 PM
Get the real thing. CZ. A few extra bucks is worth it.

Mark54g
September 8, 2007, 02:43 PM
CZ customer support is great. I have not heard good things about EAA support. EAA has a better finish, but you could pick up a stainless 75B like mine :)

ranburr
September 8, 2007, 02:47 PM
If you want a 9 or a 40 (non-Tactical Sport), get the CZ. If you want any larger calibers, get something from the Witness Elite series. If you want a 9 or a 40 Tactical Sport, don't. I can shoot rings around my TS with the equivelant Elite Limited. The CZ 75 and the Witness/Tanfoglio pistols are now very different guns internally.