PDA

View Full Version : CZ 52 awsome mod .22 reed conversion

mako8551
September 4, 2007, 09:45 PM
http://www.reedsammo.com/Page.html

This looks bad @zz.

.22 caliber conversion for the CZ 52.
45gr bullet at 2200 fps from a 5 inch barrel.

It is the poor mans FN 5.7!!! only better?

Some one has to have done this. How did it work for you????

oldbillthundercheif
September 4, 2007, 09:55 PM
Nice!

Looks great to me, but I'm a sucker for obscure loadings. 7.62x25 is obscure enough for me at the moment, but this does look interesting.

Of course if I were to fit my CZ52 for this round I would have to get the trigger worked on, buy some real grips, ect...

Seems kind of an expensive proposition for a $150 pistol, but I'm sure it would be entertaining. Try it and tell us how it works out for you.

MisterPX
September 5, 2007, 02:09 AM
You could do whats been done for years too, load .223 with sabots into regular x25 cases.

Magnum Wheel Man
September 5, 2007, 07:15 AM
Been interested in this conversion as well, & even though I have a pair of CZ-52's & a couple of Contenders, I'm thinking a barrel for the CZ-52, gives me an excuse to buy one of the Nickle plated guns from AIM, or Classic Arms...

Which brings me to a question...

Quote from OLDBILL... buy some real grips

does anyone know where to get some "real" grips for the CZ-52 ??? while it looks awesome in nickle ( I saw one in person at a gun show last year, & it caught my eye from clear across the room )... a high tech 22 barrel & some better grips would certainly bring this nickle gun into the 21st century ???

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26660&d=1188994768

ZeSpectre
September 5, 2007, 08:27 AM
Makarov.com for some different grips

Manedwolf
September 5, 2007, 11:00 AM
If they do it for the Tokarev, I'd be interested. The CZ-52 is a bit too clunky for me, with the massiveness and roller-locking bits. I prefer the Tok's simple Browning design and slender profile.

And 7.62x25 is quite impressive, period. :)

a high tech 22 barrel & some better grips would certainly bring this nickle gun into the 21st century ???

Not really. The roller-locking design is still an antiquated curiosity, the decocker is an unsafe, flawed design that can and has become an accidental second trigger on some guns, and the "safety" is an afterthought. The ergonomics are also terrible, and the mag release impossible to work quickly. It's still only a range toy. Fun, but not safe for carry, and not a 21st century gun. Sorry, but it was abandoned for some very good reasons. :)

ZeSpectre
September 5, 2007, 11:17 AM
Hate to say it but I have to agree with Manedwolf. Now that doesn't mean I love my CZ-52 any less but it is what it is.

Still I wish someone would build a modern gun chambered for the 7.62x25 round (it would be especially cool if it was a CZ-75 style gun).

Manedwolf
September 5, 2007, 11:24 AM
A CZ-75B chambered for 7.62x25 with a doublestack magazine? Oh hell yeah. :D

Magnum Wheel Man
September 5, 2007, 11:26 AM
I guess I just like cool looking old junk...;)

my gun building buddy ( yes he's quite tallented ) seems to think that the roller locked action is inherently more accurate than blow back or recoil operated actions... he's had me wanting to do a CZ-52 project for quite a while... this 22 Reed conversion only adds fuel to the fire...

but...hmmm... building a modern gun... in that caliber ??? you'd probably have to have something like a Coonan 357 mag, or Automag 3 in 30 carbine, etc. fot a starting point ???

El Barto
September 5, 2007, 12:36 PM
There is a guy I found on ebay that makes new grip panels for the CZ52 and he can make them out of just about any wood you can imagine. Here is a sample of his work:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i218/NOCHTI/COCOBOLODARKboth.jpg

He said that he can make them thick or thin, depending on your preference and for a better fit of the CZ52. He can also make them to press fit without using the rear clip. They start at $65 and up, depending on the wood. He sent me phot samples of the wood that he has and honestly, I was overwhelmed at what he has to offer.

His email is [email protected]

Please keep in mind that I have not ordered yet, mainly because I have 3 kids and just went back to school so it is hard finding money for my hobbies.

chris in va
September 5, 2007, 08:42 PM
I don't think I fired more than two boxes of ammo through my 52, sold the thing 3 months after buying it. That conversion barrel looks interesting, if lacking a real purpose.

tulsamal
September 5, 2007, 09:59 PM
Still I wish someone would build a modern gun chambered for the 7.62x25 round (it would be especially cool if it was a CZ-75 style gun).

I've said for years that Glock ought to come out with a high capacity 7.62x25. How many rounds could they squeeze into one of those mags? And then you would have all the Glock aftermarket stuff to customize the gun just the way you wanted it. Something like a Glock 35 with a C-More sight would make a nifty little varmint gun with handloaded HP's. With that flat shooting round you could smack a coyote at well over 100 yards.

Gregg

mako8551
September 13, 2007, 11:53 AM
bump