PDA

View Full Version : glock 19 vs. walther p99

chrisstromberg
September 4, 2007, 09:36 AM
is it even worth comparing these two? Has anyone shot a p99? what are your opinions about walthers in general?

Silvanus
September 4, 2007, 10:53 AM
Walthers are awesome. I'm a big fan of Glocks too, but if I could make the decision again (Glock 17 or P99) I might go with the Walther. They are just as accurate and reliable and have a very nice trigger. At least the AS (DA/SA) models do. It depends on which one fits your hands best and what trigger action you like.
The P99 can be had as DA, DAO, and QA (which is similar to the Glock's trigger).

ShipWreck
September 4, 2007, 11:34 AM
Do a search here and on The High Road and on Handgunforum.net

The P99 with the A/S trigger is awesome (there are 3 different triggers). No comparison. P99s rule :)

minsonngo
September 4, 2007, 11:40 AM
Glock for me.

Try and see if you can hold or shoot both of the guns first. Then you can pick for yourself whichever one fits you better.

p99guy
September 4, 2007, 11:46 AM
I've had a G17 and a P99...I prefered the the P99 due to feel, and the (to me) safer DA/SA, and ability to decock. accuracy is rather good as well.

dwatts47
September 4, 2007, 11:49 AM
Have both... more rounds thru Glock... tons more accessories and holsters for the Glock ... None of which takes away from from the P99.

Only have two walthers.. have numberous Glocks

vertigoing
September 4, 2007, 11:49 AM
The Walther P99 has many more features than the Glock (decocker, variable backstraps, loaded chamber indicator...), has a better trigger (AS version), is just as accurate and dependable as the Glock.

I have a P99 in .40 ACP and it is a dream to shoot. Everyone who has a P99 in 9mm thinks its even a better shot than the .40. Good luck!

Silvanus
September 4, 2007, 12:11 PM
Do a search here and on The High Road and on Handgunforum.net

I agree with that. I can't remember how often I wrote the exact same words in favour of the P99. Accurate, reliable, trigger, bla bla bla... (and Shipwreck probably already has nightmares about it:D). There are tons of threads about the P99.