PDA

View Full Version : I've always liked Handguns.

FS2K
September 4, 2007, 01:44 AM
And right now I have what I consider a pretty well rounded collection. I no longer feel the need to make my collection any bigger but if there was one gun I'd want right now it would be a Gen.2 Glock G19.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with the current generation of Glock handguns right now, but I would far rather have a Gen.2 G19 than a Gen.3 based simply on it's looks. It would match my G17 perfectly that's for sure. :)

The sad thing is, I already had a 2nd Gen. G19, but back in the day I used to have to sell a gun in order to afford getting a new one, and unfortunately there was a AK47 I just had to have at the time and I sold it. Maybe it was a good move in a way since I bought the Glock used and put a hell of allot of rounds through it before selling it myself, still, I miss that gun.

Those of you with a Gen.2 G19 need to know just how lucky you are! Newer isn't always better and in this case, that just happens to be very very true. The Gen.2 G19 is one of the best 9mm handguns I ever got the privillage to shoot. The only other 9mm to be in the same league in my opinion is HK's P7 series as far as balance, size, accuracy and safety is concerned. Both guns are 100% Ambidextrous and the perfect size for CCW.

Yup, the G19 is one fine handgun. Someday I'll come across a nice one to add to my collection but for now I'm ok....

But I'd trade my XD45 in a heartbeat if the right one came along. FOR SURE. :)

kristop64089
September 4, 2007, 06:41 AM
I personnaly have never handled a gen2 G19. But I can honestly say this, I rarely get rid of guns for any reason. But, the trade up to the NIB G19 I made, may have been the best thing I have done.

Officer's Match
September 4, 2007, 08:16 AM
The only thing I don't like about my G23 is that it temporarily made me forget how much I love my PT92. I'm over that now, though, there's enough of me to go around.;)

pogo2
September 4, 2007, 11:10 AM
That is a glowing testimonial to the Glock 19, second generation version. But it is an excellent handgun. I bought a used one about 10 years ago for $350, had the slide hard chromed, and have shot many rounds through it over that time. The gun is a real workhorse, and has run reliably with every kind of ammo. It is also pretty accurate, once you get used to the trigger.

It isn't fancy or pretty, but it sure gets the job done.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/pogo2/Glock19rt.jpg

FS2K
September 4, 2007, 11:30 AM
Good Lord pogo...that is one sweet looking G19 (and a 2nd Gen. to boot!) She gorgeous!!! That's what I want! Right there! LOL!

You're right about selling guns kris, but that was just a sign of the times. I come from a very humble beginning and money was really tight in those days. Still, the urge of the "I wanna's" always overpowered better judgement and many a gun was sold during those days to fund the purchase of a new one.:)

Looking at this picture of pogo's G19 makes me happy. See how clean the lines of the gun are? No groove and notch on the dust cover for an unnessesary flashlight or laser...No relief groove in the handgrip for the thumb, or those fingergrooves. Clean. Simple. Smooth. Yessir, the G19 is the gun for me!

kristop64089
September 4, 2007, 06:11 PM
You're right about selling guns kris, but that was just a sign of the times. I come from a very humble beginning and money was really tight in those days. Still, the urge of the "I wanna's" always overpowered better judgement and many a gun was sold during those days to fund the purchase of a new one.

Well, believe me on this, most of my life i have worked so hard both physically and mentally, just to slip below the surface(I'm 33, and I do HVAC work), Until last year, I've found a job that put me at the top of my game.

I explain it like this. Guns are like artwork to me (which many of them are works of art). I can now collect them like art. This window of buying, may be limited for me. I may never be able to by like this again. I told my wife to let me do it while I can. We may never be here again. Most guns are a good investment.

While I thought I could be happy with my SS SA MIL-SPEC(my holy grail) I have found reasons to buy every thing in my safe(including my safe). I feel I have all the longuns I shall ever need(except my "DREAM" SA m1a1 national match), since they are purpose driven for me. But handguns, oh those handguns. It's like I'm chasing a white buffalo. I think I am addicted, I thought I was done when I just bought these two Glocks. But criminey, I caught myself looking again. Now I want a naa, or, seecamp mousegun.

And for what it's worth check ar15.com You may be able to find a couple of WTT's (but now that I have one and "understand" who in the heck trades a glock for an XD?)

FS2K
September 4, 2007, 11:07 PM
who in the heck trades a glock for an XD?

No one with a lick of sense, that much I know! LOL!

In my carefree youth I bought and sold guns with the thinking that if I really wanted to, I could always buy a gun like I sold again later. The Damn 1994 AWB REALLY put a damper on that thinking. I had sold not one, but TWO Glocks before the AWB, my G19 and a G21 which at the time I thought was to big for me. I have quite a list of regrets when it comes to guns I've sold, but I suppose the same could be said about the list of guns I'M GLAD I dumped. LOL!

RevolverLover
September 4, 2007, 11:20 PM
The funny thing is I've been thinking about getting rid of my XD to get a Glock 17 or 19. I just never really warmed up to it like my BHP or H&K USP. Being sent back to Springfield for a new extractor after 600rds didn't make me all warm and fuzzy for it either. ;) My wife is the only reason why I haven't gotten rid of it yet because she kind of likes it.

FS2K
September 5, 2007, 04:40 AM
My wife is the only reason why I haven't gotten rid of it yet because she kind of likes it.

I for one, can't think of a better reason!

You mentioned another one of my ALL time favorites, The Browning High Power. What an awesome gun i s its own right. I've still haven't owned a HK, but I have a feling I will someday too!:)