PDA

View Full Version : AIMsurplus.com or Gun-deals.com for CZ52

Elvishead
September 3, 2007, 09:00 PM
Hello all,

I'm looking forward to getting a CZ52, in fact, I already ordered a new firing pin and good ammo for one.

Both the dealers I mentioned are offering the gun for the same price. But Gun-deals.com is offering an Arsenal finish to like new condition (I assume the cosmetic).

AIM is offering very good to excellent condition.

But I'm thinking both are similar as far as overall condition, but the Gun-deal.com gun has some type of finish that may, or may not, rub off with normal wear.

Also was just wondering what kind of customer service they provide. Does one charge more for shipping or have a better reputation?

Thanks, any output is greatly appreciated.

Brian

PS, I didn't order a CZ85 Combat like I said I was going to. They didn't have one in stock, so I ordered a CZ75B Nickel plated.

David the Gnome
September 3, 2007, 09:55 PM
If I ever have the choice of ordering from AIM or someone else I always choose AIM. They've never done me wrong on any of my milsurps. Everything I've ordered from them has been better than advertised.

glockorama
September 4, 2007, 12:47 AM
I haven't dealt with the other firm, but AIM has always provided me with excellent guns and service. I think they are the best in the C&R market.

Average Joe
September 4, 2007, 05:13 PM
Another vote for AIM.

Magnum Wheel Man
September 4, 2007, 05:36 PM
Been wanting one of those Nickle CZ-52's from AIM / Classic Arms... they look awesome... saw one at a gun show last year ( was way over priced compared to Classic Arms price ), but it was an awesome gun...( it caught my eye from clear across the room, in a sea of handguns )

Elvishead
September 4, 2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the input. I've heard nothing but good things about AIM. I wish I got up in time today to place an order.

Funny, I'm more eager to shoot the old CZ52, than I am to shoot my brand new CZ75.

What's wrong with that picture?:eek:

One thing about Gun-Deals gun is, the guns are arsenal refinished. I wonder if that black stays on the gun.

So I guess my next question is. Does that bluing finish stay on over time?

Thanks again,

Brian "New to CZs"

Elvishead
September 4, 2007, 07:30 PM
Been wanting one of those Nickle CZ-52's from AIM... they look awesome... saw one at a gun show last year ( was way over priced compared toAIM's price ), but it was an awesome gun...( it caught my eye from clear across the room, in a sea of handguns )

Maybe you misread my post. I said I'm getting a CZ"75"B Nickel plated.

Never seen that happen.:cool: J?

Nickel plated CZ52?:eek: Now there's an idea! Let's make one a dual tone.:o

I'm getting my Crayons* out. picture coming soon.:D

glockorama
September 4, 2007, 07:51 PM
Be careful what you wish for;) :

http://a113.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/100/l_06bb5f8944b480b2b73dcb31e9704ea8.jpg

http://www.classicarms.us/

Tom2
September 4, 2007, 08:35 PM
Suddenly I have a different view of what I thought was a cheap surp pistol....I could go for that one above! I used to deal with AIM when they started out and were within easy drive of my home. Could go in and fondle the newest stuff they had and maybe grab a hand select but have not really dealt with them recently. Still they get good reviews from all the surp. collectors. IF they got what you want, try them.

Elvishead
September 4, 2007, 09:52 PM
Humina! Humina! Humina!:p Ohhhh BABY!

Now I need a cigarette!:rolleyes:

pesta2
September 5, 2007, 07:30 AM
I can not remember it I got mine from SOG or Century Arms.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23497&d=1174483199

Elvishead
September 5, 2007, 08:49 AM
To Glockorama: Thanks for the info. I ordered the Chromed model, although not in stock, I have complete faith in there product.

I will report in the near future.

Brian

Elvishead
September 5, 2007, 08:12 PM
Silly me, I ordered one from AIM too. Along with a new barrel.

David the Gnome
September 5, 2007, 08:41 PM
Lol, nice. :D

Elvishead
September 27, 2007, 07:24 PM
Got my two CZ52s. One Black, and one chromed.

Cleaned both and inspected.

The one from AIM (Black hand-pick) Looks really nice. But the barrel was showing some minor pitting in the bore, but shoot's fine.

The one from Classic Arms looks awesome (Hard Chromed). Almost looks like a different gun. The barrel has matching serial # but looks new, inside and out. At the range it would not feed the second round. It seems to hang up on the ramp. This seems like a minor problem that I will address soon buy polishing the ramp. Also, the slide is stiffer, maybe because of the chroming.

Both have handles in great shape.

Complaint, Classic Arms charged $30+$15 on shipping. the original was just supposed to be $30. But that's a long story.

Compliment to AIM only charged $15 for shipping. And are offering me a new barrel at a large discount, I didn't want to bother sending the pitted barrel back because it has matching serial numbers, so I'm keeping it with the gun.

I don't have no regrets getting the chromed CZ52 because it's so nice, but in the end, I paid close to $300 dollar for it. I chalk it up as an investment because someday it will be worth that or more. I hope:rolleyes:

Overall I'm happy with both.

Brian

kristop64089
September 27, 2007, 07:53 PM
Nice....I really like the hardchrome one.

I just got mine today from a guy who buys them and Duracoats them.

I Paid 125 for the gun and 30 shipping.

Called AIM and they are out. Don't know if they are getting anymore.

I posted my pix in the other CZ52 thread