PDA

View Full Version : KelTec surprise

oldredneck
September 3, 2007, 06:39 PM
I recently bought a KelTec P11 for a pocket gun and I took it to the range Saturday and ran about 40 rounds through it. People had told me it was strictly for close range. Well, I loaded a mag, hung an 8" target, stepped off about 10-12 yards and fired five rounds. Surprise, surprise, they were all within a 3" circle. Now, I am not a great shot or even a very good shot but I was extremely happy with the results. There were no jams or misfires. There are two problems: 1. The trigger pull is every bit of the advertised 9 lbs., it definitely won't go off accidently in your pocket. 2. The heavy trigger pull really did a number on the pad of my finger. Has anyone tried a trigger shoe and if so did it make it easier on the finger? I also own a Glock 9mm and an XD40 and I can shoot either one all day long but the KelTec eats my finger up.

kristop64089
September 3, 2007, 06:48 PM
the trigger bite killed me on mine. There is shoe that can be put on, I believe, but I never did.

It took me 5 years, but I sold it to my brother:)

chris in va
September 3, 2007, 06:58 PM
There's ah...a way to lighten the trigger pull a bit.;)

Basically it entails taking out the pin at the bottom of the grip where the hammer spring attaches, then using a very strong nail the same diameter that is bent in about 2mm.

Note that it's not an official modification endorsed by...well anybody for that matter, but it does work quite well at dropping the sick trigger pull force.

I've had mine for about 3 years. Drop it in my jacket pocket, good to go.