PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Loaded opinions

18DAI
September 2, 2007, 03:45 PM
I'm looking at a blue Springfield loaded 1911. What is the accuracy and reliability like on this model? It's LNIB with box and docs. Regards 18DAI.

Ilovea45
September 2, 2007, 07:47 PM
I have a stainless model that I bought from a co-worker a couple of years ago.

It has been very reliable, only a couple of malfunctions that I attributed to old surplus ammo someone gave me.

It is extremely accurate with some very tight groupings 15-25 yards.

I am very satisfied with it.

GK

DeltaWhiskey
September 3, 2007, 06:31 PM
I've got one of the Parkerized Loaded models. I bought it brand new. Initially it experienced some relatively minor breaking in issues (FTFs) that resolved themselves after acouple of hundred rounds. Great pistol, like the trigger on it better than my SW1911. Jump on that one while you can.

Rob96
September 4, 2007, 03:17 AM
I have a Mil-Spec that went throught the Custom Shop at Springfield. I added a skeleton hammer, beavertail, 10-8 Performance rear sight and trigger, 4.5# trigger job, polish the throat and ramp, extended thumb safety and repark. Springfield makes a very nice 1911. I have owned two Colts. While the Springers won't retain their value like the l'il prancing pony, I believe the Springer has more consistent assembly and machining.

Whats the price on the loaded?

packa45
September 4, 2007, 03:51 AM
Have a loaded model, stainless Ultra Compact. Only had issues with the mags. Factory ones appear to break in easier than the Wilson Combat ones I bought but you might not have an issue with the govt. size models. Very accurate once I adjusted the night sights...I think the dealer was messing with them. If not the gun was 3 inches left from 15 yds. from the factory.

Richard
September 4, 2007, 08:28 AM
The only issue I had and it was corrected was a sharp edge at the front of the magazine well. Other than this, my Springer Loaded has been accurate, reliable, and boring. Regards, Richard:D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid210/p893b35df14e37d99b63e829872c9b0b3/edded4d6.jpg

nobanforme
September 4, 2007, 07:42 PM
I have four and love them all. Here is a pick of two of them. A compact loaded and a stainless loaded Champion. :)http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e53/lennymax3/Picture009.jpg

evan1293
September 4, 2007, 07:50 PM
I think they're a good bargain. A good friend of mine has one and the only complaint is that the bushing is not fit up real well in the slide...it functions fine but looks a little sloppy.

Freetacos
September 4, 2007, 10:49 PM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/dimsim_02/PICT0007.jpg

I have a parkerized Springfield Loaded 1911. I put a bunch of different parts on it mainly from Ed Brown and Smith & Alexander. I have never had a reliability problem with it. As far as finish, it is not the best in the world, the parkerization wears off and the edges needed to be smoothed out a little. For me the main thing is that it goes bang when I pull the trigger, so all in all I would say that it's a good gun.

Yet you may want to look at other models before you settle on this one. I feel you could get the same or better quality for a cheaper price if you know where to look.

Mr. James
September 6, 2007, 04:38 PM
I have a Lightweight Champion, which is also Parkerized. I love it - it is accurate and has been entirely reliable. It had a superior trigger out of the box. It is my primary carry weapon, unless wardrobe or social circumstances militate for a smaller weapon.

Chesster
September 6, 2007, 11:55 PM
I have a parkerized loaded and think it is a quality piece. I just find my RIA Tactical shoots better and only costs half as much.

Shane Tuttle
September 7, 2007, 09:34 PM
Bought the 5in. parkerized loaded with cocobolo grips. Haven't looked back. I'm real happy with it. It isn't a Wilson Combat, but it wasn't $2000 either.

The only thing is I'm going to have the trigger lightened up a bit. Personal preference...

rugernut
September 7, 2007, 10:15 PM
also lifetime warrenty and it dont matter who bought it.and their customer service is a-1