PDA

View Full Version : The most expensive grips EVER...(for a SIG)...polished titanium.

Manedwolf
September 1, 2007, 09:01 PM
http://www.getgrip.com/images/Aluminum/28199L.jpg

By Hogue. $995. :eek:

and more realistically for most people, solid aluminum at $125:

http://www.getgrip.com/images/Aluminum/28175R.jpg

http://www.getgrip.com/images/Aluminum/28176R.jpg

AK103K
September 1, 2007, 09:47 PM
Hogue sure is proud of their stuff :)

Nevertoomanyguns
September 1, 2007, 09:51 PM
Find it hard to pay $995 for a set of grips when I can pay the same and get a really nice new gun.

hoytinak
September 1, 2007, 09:51 PM
Yeah I noticed those the other day while on their website...ended up buying a set of factory SIG grips that Hogue checkered instead. The solid aluminum do look nice though.

AK103K
September 1, 2007, 09:54 PM
Find it hard to pay $995 for a set of grips when I can pay the same and get a really nice new gun.
Yup, and the grips come with it. :)

Cremon
September 1, 2007, 10:00 PM
That's a lot to pay for grips. I replaced the grips in all my guns. Pachmayr rubber wrap around grip on my S&W 659, and I put Hogue rosewood grips on my two 4516's. I like S&W stainless steel pistols, but hate those cheap plastic grips.

But $1,000 for a GRIP? What if they don't fit your hand? I don't suppose your local store has a gun with that grip on it so you can cop a feel and do a quick hand fitting test?

It'd be a bitch to find out it didn't fit your hand well, after waiting 4 weeks for delivery and spending that kind of coin.

ZeSpectre
September 1, 2007, 10:14 PM
Wow, I absolutely LOVE my SIG pistols, but they are no beauty queens so talk about putting a tux on a pig...:rolleyes:

kozak6
September 1, 2007, 10:57 PM
$995!?!?!?

For that much, I'd rather buy an AR-15 AND a pair of wood grips that look nicer anyways.

Yellowfin
September 1, 2007, 11:52 PM
I might do the aluminum grips if they can be found for the 1911. That would look sexy on a stainless Officers model.

IM_Lugger
September 2, 2007, 12:14 AM
Although I would never pay that kind of money for grips I have to admit those are the best glooking grips I've ever seen :eek:

Too bad I'm too cheap to even buy Hogue rubber grips for my P226ST :o

Bill DeShivs
September 2, 2007, 12:36 AM
Metal grips are very cold in the winter! I see absolutely no advantage to them.

Axion
September 2, 2007, 12:44 AM
And very hot in the summer. Plus with no texture those things would get slippery when you sweat. Talk about form over function.

...Plus IMO they look stupid on a sig.

The Tourist
September 2, 2007, 01:46 AM
Sometimes you just like nice stuff.

Both my SIG and my H&K are 'two-tone.' That being, polished stainless and nickel levers and screws on black pistols. (My bike is black and chrome, as well.)

Yeah, yeah, "pimp my pistol."

I had many nickeled guns before stainless was popular. So what if it's fancy-schmancy. Yes, I know they don't shoot any better.

I like 'em, and at some level, that's all that's important.

kozak6
September 2, 2007, 03:25 AM
There are also pewter grips out there.

If I remember, I'll get some pics of them up later.

Manedwolf
September 2, 2007, 10:59 AM
...Plus IMO they look stupid on a sig.

The lines of a SIG can be something like a Bentley, IMO. It's a bit blocky, perhaps, but everyone knows you spent serious money on it and that it's an undeniably well-crafted bit of machinery. :)

AK103K
September 2, 2007, 12:20 PM
Is somebody making one of them "winged hood spinnners" for the SIG's now? :)

CGSteve8718
September 2, 2007, 12:51 PM
The black aluminum looks really nice, $125 seems about right. $995 would be for another gun altogether though.

SpookBoy
September 2, 2007, 01:05 PM
you think your grips are expensive!!! not compared to what i've found!
the ones on this page equal most NEW cars:eek:
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26p%3Dexpensive%2520grips%26fr2%3Dtab-web%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501&w=350&h=296&imgurl=www.naaminis.com%2Fpix%2Fnaaexot3.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.naaminis.com%2Fnaaexot.html&size=33.8kB&name=naaexot3.jpg&p=expensive+grips&type=jpeg&no=4&tt=43&oid=3230723de289ee6e&ei=UTF-8
17,000:(
$98,000 diamond and platnum grips:eek::(:barf:

Ocraknife
September 2, 2007, 01:30 PM
The black aluminum grips look nice but I like the ones that come standard.

Axion
September 2, 2007, 02:37 PM
The lines of a SIG can be something like a Bentley, IMO. It's a bit blocky, perhaps, but everyone knows you spent serious money on it and that it's an undeniably well-crafted bit of machinery.

My point is that the styling of sigs, while nice IMO, is very utilitarian. They look like they're built for hard use not to be beauty queens. Thus putting shiny grips on them look out of place IMO.

WSM MAGNUM
September 2, 2007, 03:51 PM
If I was going to spend that much money on grips, I would rather design my own and have Wicked Grips do it. www.wickedgrips.com

p99guy
September 2, 2007, 07:10 PM
Those polished Titainium grips while they look nice, would be slippery as heck.
the black checkered aluminum looks good, and is still practical.

C Philip
September 2, 2007, 07:36 PM
Those look like they would slip if your hands were even a little sweaty, and they look very out of place on that gun IMO. I'd rather get a nice gun for that price, but to each his own.

Cremon
September 2, 2007, 07:42 PM
you think your grips are expensive!!! not compared to what i've found! the ones on this page equal most NEW cars

Dang!! But those grips are for rapper videos for songs about pimps.

Manedwolf
September 2, 2007, 08:09 PM
If I was going to spend that much money on grips, I would rather design my own and have Wicked Grips do it. www.wickedgrips.com

Their wood is alright, but man, they need an actual ARTIST on staff. The "drawings" on a few of the grips look like gradeschool level art.

That, and...putting a skull on a gun, that would not be one you'd ever want to use for self-defense, or the court would award your posterior on a platter to the perp's family.

Tom2
September 2, 2007, 08:53 PM
I bet at that price that they are a one-off just to show off the company. WHy not some of ivory? That would get the big money guys more excited than something that looks so much like just any other polished metal. Sort of like a Faberge' hand grenade in practical terms.

Freetacos
September 2, 2007, 09:07 PM
That's 995 double cheeseburgers from McDonalds. Not including tax of course. I do like the grips though.

MEDDAC19
September 3, 2007, 07:20 PM
I hate to say it guys, but if you even think about price, those titanium grips are not for you. To each his own.:rolleyes: I'm surprised nobody has posted pics of the gold AK yet.

RsqVet
September 4, 2007, 12:56 PM
Glad that they are making them... I will be putting the alunimum grips on my 220, if I ever did an all out custom 220 I'd get a pair of them.

I like alumagrips on the 1911 as well.

The Ti sig grips are not for me but if someone makes some slab ones for a 1911 I will likley buy a pair and custom anodize them.

MD_Willington
September 4, 2007, 01:00 PM
oh just a tad more than $15 I paid for my rubber grips on my S&W.. lol

Rembrandt
September 4, 2007, 03:16 PM
1K for grips is chump change.....now if you really want to see some exepnsive grips check out some of the ones done on Colt single actions by "Tiffany's".

My guess is these are worth more than the Titainium grips.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Rembrandt51/LIBERTYGUNlg.jpg

dwatts47
September 4, 2007, 10:35 PM
They do looknice, but ... well I don't see any other reason to buy them... or even think about them in any remotely practical manner.

BillCA
September 5, 2007, 12:01 AM
I might do the aluminum grips if they can be found for the 1911. That would look sexy on a stainless Officers model.

Yellowfin - yes they can. Alumagrips sells them. And GunGrips.net can laser engrave them for you with almost any artwork you want. For example;

http://dragon.hematite.com/SpringChampRed1sm.jpg

Metal grips are very cold in the winter! I see absolutely no advantage to them.

Bill, interestingly enough, I wore the above Springfield under my coat, outdoors, for several hours in Reno during 22 degree weather. When I did reach in, the gun itself was "warm" to the touch and the grips felt warm. If I had open carried it, I'm sure that it would have been much colder.

Also, I've fired the gun in the hot summer weather and even though my hands perspired, I was easily able to maintain a grip on the checkered aluminum.

Bill DeShivs
September 5, 2007, 02:12 AM
Bill
Checkered aluminum has little advantage over checkered plastic. The anodizing will wear and can not be practically redone. Anodized aluminum looks just like checkered plastic, but is much more expensive. They can be cold-especially if the gun has been left in a cold car, etc.
Again- I see no advantage, except they won't crack.

Billy Sparks
September 5, 2007, 05:57 AM
I don't know how much the anodizing will wear. I have Alumagrips on just about all of my 1911's and I have noticed no wear on them. As far as the heat or cold I have used them at IDPA matches in 16 degree heat and in 95+ degree high humidity and I have had not problem with grip, etc. You are right that if left in a cold or hot car they will be cold or hot but so is the rest of the gun. I don't know about the Hogue's but I find it interesting that Alumagrips cost at the most $70 for non-engraved versions.

The Body Bagger
September 5, 2007, 06:00 AM
nothing feels better than wood in my opinion. The aluminum looks unfinished, too raw and cheap looking for 125 big ones.

elnielsen
April 28, 2011, 09:51 PM
I was about to buy the polished titanium grips for my P229. $995?? ZOMGWTF!!! it better be the original signed by Robocop himself!!

...DAMMIT.........

Deja vu
April 28, 2011, 10:20 PM
I really do like those grips. I am a big fan of odd ball stuff (pretty much any thing not wood) on a semiautomatic.

I think those a beautiful... that said I think the max I could ever justify paying for a set of grips is $300 and for that much they better have some kind of magic ability to make me shoot like Mathew Quigley only with my hand gun.

I may be able to Justify 1/2 that is the grips where Pearl.

MidwestRookie
April 29, 2011, 12:20 AM
how'd I know a new member bumped this back from '07...

good job, guy. :)

elnielsen
April 29, 2011, 12:55 AM
I know, but I just saw them now, ordered a catalog, got it and was about to order them, then I saw the price.

I mean really?

LockedBreech
April 29, 2011, 01:01 AM
I'd spend $125. Those look great to me.

$995? Yeah. When pigs fly.

Oh, and also:

33 rules of Zombieland.

Cardio
The Double Tap
Beware of Bathrooms
Wear Seat Belts
No Attachments
The “Skillet”
Travel Light
Get a Kick Ass Partner
With your Bare Hands
Don’t Swing Low
Use Your Foot
Bounty Paper Towels
Shake it Off
Always carry a change of underwear
Bowling Ball
Opportunity Knocks
Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
Limber Up
Break it Up
It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
Avoid Strip Clubs
When in doubt Know your way out
Zipplock
Use your thumbs
Shoot First
A little sun screen never hurt anybody
Incoming!
Double-Knot your Shoes
The Buddy System
Pack your stain stick
Check the back seat
Enjoy the little things
Swiss army Knife

It's a ZOMBIE thread, folks!

Rugerismisticness
April 29, 2011, 04:02 AM
Ahhhh nothing like a soft pair of expensive aluminum grips:rolleyes:

spacecoast
April 29, 2011, 05:21 AM
Not sure why they're so expensive. It's not the material... titanium is only $12 a pound. If they were platinum, now that would be intrinsically valuable.