PDA

View Full Version : Taurus PT911

BlueDragon
September 1, 2007, 05:00 PM
i went to go look at the glock and sig today, both our gone >_< But i saw another gun in the case that caught my eye for 430. IT's a Taurus PT911. i handled the gun, and i liked how it felt more then the other two, plus it has a capacity of 15 rounds plus one in the chamber. It is a nickel plated gun and has the field stripping lever like a Beretta 92FS. I liked its size and thought "this would be a great gun to carry concealed" However im unsure of Taurus's qaulity in semi autos. i had a friend who said his PT92AFS was flawless and my grandfather has an old Taurus 38 that does fairly well. But does anyone know how these PT911's work? also does anyone know if Houge makes a set of grips for this gun? as i dont like the plastic grips that come with it.

bigghoss
September 1, 2007, 05:25 PM
I don't have experiance with that particular gun but I do like the taurus brand.

MPanova
September 2, 2007, 01:10 AM
If it fits you get it. There is nothing wrong with Taurus, I know people who have the 9** series and they work perfect. I carry a 24/7 Pro 45 daily with thousands of flawless rounds down the pipe. I have another 24/7 Pro in 45acp that has 9700 rounds down range with out one single problem. Again if it fits you get it, shoot it, carry it, love it :D

kansas45
September 2, 2007, 06:58 AM
Taurus hand guns get a lot of bashing, it seems.
I only own two, a Tracker 455 revolver & A PT1911. Both of wich have been trouble free. The revolver has 2500 or so rounds through it & the 1911 is closing in on 7000.

Officer's Match
September 2, 2007, 07:25 AM
That's an often overlooked pistol that shouldn't be. I really doubt you'd regret it. There's a new derivative of the PT911 that will eventually be out, but it is hard to say when.
http://www.taurususa.com/whatsnew/pistols.cfm

gopack
September 3, 2007, 08:27 AM
Kansas45: Saw your posts on another thread about a year ago and was wondering how your PT1911 held up after a year of shooting. Sounds like it is doing just fine.

I bought one a few months ago and the only things I couldfind not to like about the pistol were the grips, a $20 fix. From what I've read in some posts on the PT1911 I've been expecting it to simultaneously freeze into one block of solid metal and separate into hundreds of broken parts. Nice to know that the pistol that is functioning flawlessly stands a good chance of making another 6000 rounds.