PDA

View Full Version : decent laser sight?

quack fiend
September 1, 2007, 12:13 AM
I just bought an hk usp .45 tactical and a gemtech blackside suppressor, was wondering if there is a decent rail-mount laser for these that is reasonable. It doesn't have to be military-grade quality, as all it'll be used for is popping armadillos/coyotes/wild hogs etc., after dark, at close range. NOT gonna spend $200+ on something that just basically shines a red beam, but i don't wanna go the NCstar/BSA route either. Is there a good adjustable one somewhere in between?

ranburr
September 1, 2007, 12:28 AM
Nope. With lasers you either get very high quality or absolute crap.

FS2K
September 1, 2007, 06:45 AM
There are no good deals to be had with lasers: either you buy a cheap one that doesn't work like it's supposed to (losing zero easily) or you will end up spending allot for something like a Laseraim etc.

hoytinak
September 1, 2007, 06:59 AM
I'm another that agrees that you get what you pay for when it comes to weapon lasers. I've tried many different styles and brands but always ended up with either a Lasermax or Crimson Trace on my weapons.

IMTHDUKE
September 1, 2007, 10:12 AM
Think you re goin get mostly the same answer. I have the Laser Max on a Sig P239 SAS and Crimson Trace on a Colt Defender and on a Kimber Tactical Ultra II.......I would recommend either, however, I like the CT better. Reason I used the Laser Max on the Sig is because I didn't want to change the wood grips.

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com/images/GUNS/defender.jpg

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com/images/GUNS/p239sas.jpg

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com/images/GUNS/kimber.jpg

MyXD40
September 1, 2007, 10:23 AM
Yeah wifey just let me drop $300 on a new lasermax guide rod (replaces the guide rod spring for most exclent accurate beam eveyrtime; no need to adjust)

I say..walmart has one for $18 that I put on my powerline pellet gun and that works fairly fine for me..uses the standard rail mount..if anything try that

quickcanary
September 1, 2007, 10:29 AM
I love the CT laser grips on my G19 and have heard good things about Lasermax as well.

How does the Streamlight TLR-2 compare? I've seen a few people here using it. I like the idea of a light + laser combination, but is it in the same league (quality & customer service) as CT and Lasermax?

stevekolt
September 2, 2007, 08:07 AM
LaserMax also has a new unit out called the UniMax that will fit on the rails, and also has it's own rail to add a light if needed. Midway is selling them for about $162...

slickab
September 3, 2007, 10:15 PM
I paid 350 for lasermax in G19. After 15+ shots you have to clean powder residue off of lens with Qtip and alcohol to be able to see dot. If you hit a dirt road too fast switch gets bumped turning laser on resulting in $13 of dead batteries (in Uncle Mikes felt holster). They are however very high quality and very accurate, no adjustment provided and none needed. Ab