PDA

View Full Version : HK recoil reduction system?

Sun_Tzu
August 29, 2007, 04:15 PM
I just bought a USP tactical in .40 and I wanted to ask how manageable is the recoil. All the ranges near me didn't have one to shoot, but I was able to get my hands on a USP .45. My hands weren't even big enough to feel comfortable with the .45 but I was amazed at how little recoil it had compared to my 1911! I know that .40 is said to be snappier than the .45's "push", but I also hear a lot that the .40 feels like 9mm in a "full sized" gun like the USP .40, not to mention that the HK boasts it's "recoil reduction". I felt this reduction in the USP .45 and I couldn't even get my grip around it properly. The .40 feels real good in my hand so I feel this is a plus. Will I be dissapointed? I have a G19 and the recoil is nothing. I hear a lot that the .40 in a compact gun is what's harsh, but that .40 in a full sized will feel like 9mm in a compact. Does this sound about right...?

Plus if anyone out there has the knowledge, what is the advantage about a tactical model compared to the others besides the adaptation of the silencer, and adjustable sights? They give no info on the official website.

Thnx to all

NetJnkie
August 29, 2007, 04:34 PM
I shoot an HK .40 in USPSA a lot. The recoil is just fine. The Tactical model also includes the Match Trigger kit.

RevolverLover
August 29, 2007, 04:37 PM
The .40 feels real good in my hand so I feel this is a plus. Will I be dissapointed?

We can't answer that for you so go out and shoot it. ;)