PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting used P225, need advice

TargetTerror
August 29, 2007, 12:42 PM
My local gunshop has a used Sig P225 that I am really thinking of buying. I shot a .45 caliber Sig (don't remember which model, though it was a full size) and I shot it the best of any auto loader I've ever shot. The price on the P225 seems pretty good at $400. It has some holster wear, though I haven't checked the internals. The owner thinks it came from overseas, so its probably a police gun?

Do most Sigs shoot pretty similarly? By that I mean that when I shoot different S&W revolovers, they all have the same general feel/balance/trigger feel, and I shoot them all well. Is the same likely to be true of the Sigs (I ask because I don't think I'll be able to try this gun before buying, but my experience with other sigs has been very positive.

What should I look for in the gun, to make sure I don't get a lemon? The info on the net has been overwhelmingly positive for the P225, saying it is reliable and accurate. Is this mostly true?

Also, what is Sigs deal with warranties? Would they repair a used gun under warranty, or would I have to pay?

Manedwolf
August 29, 2007, 12:46 PM
If it's the imported police one marked "P6" on the slide, though it's a 225, CDNN has them for $359. Probably where the dealer got it, and marked it up. He's probably got a crate of them in the back and puts them out one at a time as a "deal". :)

Cliff47
August 29, 2007, 12:51 PM
The .45 ACP SIG pistol you shot was probably a P220 (or some variant thereof). The holster wear is purely cosmetic, and can be touched up at home. If it is a Euro version, you probably have the mag release at the base of the grip, as opposed to our release button by the trigger. Magazines will vary, so watch out.

The P225 is an excellent firearm. All of the SIG pistols (except the P210 that I consider myself very lucky to grip one day) feel about the same to me. Good ergonomics across the line.

For your other questions, I will have to refer you to the ww.SIGForum.com, they know more about the brand and policies than I do.

Shoot safely and enjoy.

EEL92fs
August 29, 2007, 01:49 PM
Gander MT has them for $349 in ohio and its a mix of mag release on the base and by the trigger.. I would say you should be able to get it for less than $400 I have one that I got new like 8 years ago and it shot just as good as the 226 and 228 I had at the time.