PDA

View Full Version : What are IMI jericho 941's worth?

BlueDragon
August 28, 2007, 05:56 PM
random question but yeah i have a Jericho 941 in 9mm thats stainless, it's made by IMI and lacks any markings relating to Magnum Research. But are these good or bad guns? cuz the guy who saw my gun at the gun show, "was debating on selling it for a glock cuz i couldn't find mags" He tried to say the Jericho was a "novilty" type of gun, and it was only imported for 1 year. and that it sucked, also that he wasn't trying to "insult" me but my jericho with the two mags would only be worth 150 cuz mags are hard to come by and because it's not very "popular" is this really true? cuz if so im gonna feel stupid for buying it. i decided to keep it in the end cuz i do like it, and i figured out that Witness mags will work for it. plus the grip is more comfortable cuz i had a set of Houge's installed on it at the show.

HorseSoldier
August 28, 2007, 06:03 PM
Last Jericho I saw for sale in a pawn shop was a 45 cal version (Jericho marked, also no references to Magnum Research, etc.) and they wanted $450 for it. Not sure how it relates in terms of rarity and such to the 9mm, but when it's all said and done a Jericho 9mm is still a well made 9mm CZ clone and I'd think telling you $150 for it was a guy trying to rip you off.

briang2ad
August 28, 2007, 06:21 PM
and not rare, but not too frequently seen. They are simple to get mags for, and are excellent guns. IMHO - much better in many ways than a Glock. I love to hear "guys at gun shows" to include some dealers who berate your gun, try to 'steal it' and then tell the next guy how precious, good , and accurate it is. Lots of 'liars' out there.

The Jericho is VERY strong, has a great grip, is quite accurate, and again, you CAn get mags for it. The only thing the Glock has on it is it is very light, and has a TON of accessories.

A used 941 should be worth $325-400. depending on where you are, and what condition the gun is in. I think you can pick them up new for $450-500.

Rimrod
August 29, 2007, 10:57 AM
The guy at the show was an idiot and a liar. As briang2ad said, he was trying to steal it from you so he could make a higher profit when selling it.

The 941 was a 9mm CZ that came with a .41 AE conversion. The .41 AE is every bit as good as a .40 S&W and it was due to S&W wanting their name on the platform that killed the AE, even though it was a better idea all around.

BlueDragon
August 29, 2007, 08:15 PM
yeah that makes sense, i forgot to mention he also included on saying crap like "if i was to buy it from you, i would be sitting on it for a long time because no one would want to buy it"

Rimrod
August 29, 2007, 10:08 PM
I sold a .41 mag Ruger Redhawk to a dealer years ago that said it wouldn't move because of the caliber. I didn't believe him but wanted to get rid of it and let it go. ( I knew this guy for years and did a lot of business with him)

It was gone the next day when I stopped in. I got some really good deals from him too and it finally hit me that he was really shafting some people. I bought a Colt Delta Elite from him for $200 that he took in used, from what I found out about him later he proabably made $100 on the deal.

BlueDragon
August 30, 2007, 10:39 AM
wow..... thats just b/s. I dont see why dealers have to try and ripp you off like that, ironic, he wasn't trying to "insult" me when he quoted that crap of a price, but now i do feel insulted that he kept saying he wasn't trying to insult me in yet he was trying to rip me off. :mad:

Rimrod
August 30, 2007, 12:19 PM
This dealer apparently had a money problem. I found out, through an employee, that he was taking the money people were giving him for special orders and using it to pay other debts. He would then give the customer a bunch of excuses of why the gun wasn't coming in until he would get enough money from another customer and start the whole process over again. I ordered a .41 magnum American Derringer from him and waited a year for it. He said the barrels were only made once a year in Mexico. I ordered a Lone Eagle and 6 months later he gave me the money back saying he couldn't get one. After I found out what he was doing a guy I worked with had orderd an AR15 and waited nine months, the dealer said there weren't any available! I told him to demand his money back and order it through someone else. He had it in three days.:mad:

Then he tried to sell one of my class 3 weapons on the internet, without me knowing about it. That's when I heard some of the stuff he was up to with other people. He's closed now but had a lot of friends in the local PD, I don't know what ever happened to him.

There were several other dealers in my area that were scum also, most of them are gone now but then so are most of the good guys too. There is one guy that runs a lot of the local gunshows, NE Ohio, that is the lowest snake in the grass I have ever met. I am very cautious of the people I deal with now.

BlueDragon
August 30, 2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah i dont blame you, i would be pretty mad if i were you, and would have had that guy arrested. jeeze it would be nice to see a couple honest dealers around here. but noooooo it's all about the money.

briang2ad
August 30, 2007, 01:45 PM
yeah that makes sense, i forgot to mention he also included on saying crap like "if i was to buy it from you, i would be sitting on it for a long time because no one would want to buy it"

LOL - I could have almost guessed this one!

TATER
August 30, 2007, 01:54 PM
Fine pistol, Israeli side arm for many years.
it was named Jericho, then it was Uzi Eagle, and now it is Baby Eagle....
It is a Tanfoglio design, and mags are everywhere if you know all of the brothers
And cousins. Like CZ’s, EAA, MagResearch and Sphinx to name a few.

Manedwolf
August 30, 2007, 02:11 PM
Some people who like the gun, I've heard, will prefer it with the Jericho name on it. You have to admit, it does sound a lot better than "Baby Eagle"...awww, cute baby eagle... or a walled fortress. Hm.

ranburr
August 30, 2007, 04:34 PM
Blue Dragon, that is about the right price that the dealer offered you. It is exactly what I would have offered you. I would have put it up for sale for $275 and immediately accepted an offer of $250 in my store. Baby Eagles are not widely known or sought after with the general gun buying public. Those with the Jericho markings are even lesser known. It is a good gun. But, it has very little re-sale value.