PDA

View Full Version : Grouping Hi-pointe compact 9mm

Prof Young
August 27, 2007, 10:53 PM
Okay, Okay, Okay, yea, I know Hi-pointe is not a high quality gun. I got it cause I've never owned a semi-auto and thought it would be an inexpensive, and fun gun . . . and it is. At 12 yards I can shoot groups that are about four inches. I using a rest under my hand. I'm guessing that's about as good as it gets. Comments?

DGindlesperger
August 27, 2007, 11:17 PM
sounds about right to me. had a hi point 9mm for about 2 months, was way to bulky........1911 baby

oldbillthundercheif
August 28, 2007, 12:57 AM
Do that without a rest and you will be in good shape. It's not really a group worth bragging about, but it's not bad either. I've seen worse.

JasonJ
August 28, 2007, 01:34 AM
the gun will shoot better than that. Just shoot it alot more.. after about 500 rounds the gun will settle in and shoot much better as well.

they arent uber high quality guns, but they do work, and work well.

i can get 4" groupings with the Hi-Point 45 pistol at 50ft. so once you become more comfy with the gun, and run a few hundred rounds through it.. those groupings will tighten up.

Te Anau
August 29, 2007, 08:05 AM
the gun will shoot better than that.
Thats what I was going to say.My Comp 9 is as accurate or more so than other semis I own.

Ocraknife
August 29, 2007, 07:35 PM
I don't know much about their pistols but their little carbine is a tack driver.

JasonJ
August 30, 2007, 12:08 AM
indeed.. i just picked up the 995 (9mm carbine).. and i am thoroughly impressed.. and im good with open sighted rifles.. but the 995 is amazingly accurate.

Clone
August 30, 2007, 12:41 AM
Prof Young, im thinking you just need more practice.

iv owned both a C9 and a JHP45. the 9mm shot around 4in at 25yards. the 45acp shot around 2 1/2in and 25yards.

make sure your supporting the pistol properly on the rest, and/or try some differant brands of ammo, some pistols are picky.

and lastly its posable you have goten a lemon, it happens to even the best of brands.

lastly be safe and have fun.

Prof Young
September 4, 2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I'm sure I'll be putting many more rounds through it and work on getting better. It is fun to shoot. I had cause to have some full cans of soda that were over a year old and tasted like . . . well anyway, talk about a fun target.
Live well, be safe.