View Full Version : Form 1 question

August 24, 2007, 05:17 AM
I am starting the process to make an SBR and filling out the Form 1. I have it pretty well figured out except for filling out this section on the form.

b. Type of firearm to be made (See Instruction 1c)

How exactly would that section be filled out. I'm thinking it would be like "4-SBR" or something like that. I want this to go through without a hitch so I guess I'm being a bit anal about it.

The idea being that I want to take a full size UZI semi auto and be able to switch the 18' barrel and fixed stock for a short barrel and folding stock when I get the urge (which will be often).

The next project I'll work on is a short barrel AR-15.


August 24, 2007, 06:22 AM
They are the government so just keep it simple for them. Just put "SBR".

August 26, 2007, 06:24 AM
Cool, Thanks!

Sorry to say, it doesn't matter anyway. Can't do it at all in Michigan as I have found out. You can have a full auto SBR, but can't have a new semi. No questioning the logic of the gov.......

James K
September 5, 2007, 10:22 PM
I would spell out "short barrel rifle" so as to leave no confusion. When doing BATFE forms, use the terms in the law and regulations so there is no question about the nature of the item.


September 6, 2007, 02:50 AM
Short Barreled Rifle.
Abbreviations may get kicked back.

BTW, a "Full Auto SBR" is a Machine Gun.;)

September 11, 2007, 01:40 AM
BTW, a "Full Auto SBR" is a Machine Gun

this is not so....when in fact, you've simply attempted to
merge two legal definitions. they are mutually exclusive.
or....the happy face means tongue-in-cheek, yes?

September 11, 2007, 01:53 AM
MG trumps all. Anything MG can automatically be a SBR if you desire. You don't have to pay two taxes on an MP5 for example, unless you divorce the sear.

September 11, 2007, 06:08 AM
Short-Barreled Rifle just like that....that's what I put on my PS90 and it got approved.