PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a rifle

Blade37db
July 18, 2007, 04:02 PM
I'm interested in a semi-auto (magazine fed), non-AR rifle, preferably in .3... caliber. Want it for target shooting and maybe hunting. Accurate to 400-500 yards (which eliminates a .30 carbine). Outside of the Springfield M1A, are there any others (not interested in pump action either)?
Thanks.

Scorch
July 18, 2007, 04:09 PM
Browning BAR, Benelli, Barrett, M1 Garand . . .

Bigfatts
July 18, 2007, 04:58 PM
Saiga, FAL, CETME...

BILLDAVE
July 18, 2007, 05:57 PM
i own a BAR Safari with a Boss system and a 3x9 Bushnell scope. It is in 30.06 and I shoot a 165 grain Remington Nosler tipped Boattail. Once you get the Boss zeroed in it is an absolute pleasure to shoot. The Boss takes some time to set, but thats the fun part. When you have it set it also reduces recoil and allows one to stay on target with minimal muzzel jump. In addtion, the factory recoil pad on the stock lessens the recoil even more. I found it just fun and easy to shoot. 30.06 is a fine all round caliber, and available worldwide just in case you end up in Africa or some place wild. Just make sure to use some lock tight on the number ring for the boss so when you dial it or change the settings your right on the money. Just to add' once you have the numbers for a certain load you just make the changes and start shooting. I have taken a few whitetail in The Show Me State with mine. I showed those deer. Good Luck.

tINY
July 18, 2007, 06:29 PM
FN49, Benelli R1, G3/HK91, Real BAR in semi-auto.....

-tINY

ARmasterzach
July 18, 2007, 09:19 PM
remington makes a semi auto rifle that has a good range of calibers and i had a 30 06 for a while and it did great. has a ten round mag