PDA

View Full Version : Harris Bipod Size?

jr05
July 17, 2007, 08:20 AM
I am going to be purchasing a Harris Bipod for my rifle and was wondering what size would be recommended for prone shooting.

I am stuck between two sizes:
6"-9"
or
9"-13"

I am leaning toward the 9-13" right now, but don't want to get one that is too high or too low for the intended use. Again, it will be for prone shooting mostly and occasionally shooting from a bench.

Thanks in advance for any input.

-JR

boltgun71
July 17, 2007, 08:29 AM
I have both sizes, the 6"-9" is better for prone shooting. The 9"-13" can be a little high requiring you to possibly modify your position or cheekweld and depending on terrain and if your target is angled downhill from you. If you shoot in tall grass the 9"-13" may be better for you though. If it is for a bolt action rifle I would definently choose the 6"-9" model, if its for a rifle with large extended magazine you may want the 9"-13" to make sure the magazine clears the ground in the prone.

If you have the chance and extra funds buy the one that swivels/cants side to side. It is much easier and quicker than adjusting one leg out or in if you are on un-level ground. They normally cost $20 more than a standard Harris bipod and are worth the extra cash. Hope this helps.

spctim11
July 18, 2007, 06:54 PM
I recently bought the 9-13 as my gut seems to be increasing in size year after year.