PDA

View Full Version : AR in 204 Ruger ???

Magnum Wheel Man
July 11, 2007, 07:23 AM
I was at the "toy store" last night, ( I'm buying a new 10mm handun )... & for some reason, the normally standing room only store was completely empty... giving me a chance to "BS" with the owner ( I've bought 90% of my guns from this guy, he's just normally been so busy lately )...

after I fingered up the available 10mm's... I did a wander, while chatting, & I was asking about the 204's... I've been toying with the idea of one...

he asked if I'd ever shot an AR in .204... my reply was "I was not aware they chambered them in .204"... he proceaded to tell me that of all the AR calibers that he's shot, & he's shot almost all of them, that the .204 was the most fun...

... hmmm... now he has me thinking maybe I need a 2nd AR ???

anyone shot one ??? I don't recall seeing any threads on the .204 Ruger AR's... your guy's thoughts ??? I presume this gun would be best in flat top with a big scope, & a longer barrel, & would make an excellent varmint gun ???

HorseSoldier
July 11, 2007, 11:53 AM
Does the .204 case use a standard .223 bolt? Just a different barrel needed to make it work?

MDman
July 11, 2007, 11:55 AM
I just dont see why you would want an AR in 204 over 223

joeranger
July 11, 2007, 01:02 PM
The idea is the 4000+ fps and the little recoil. There is a joy in actually seeing the round go down range. I would like to buy one myself, but I want a .22 first for plinking.