PDA

View Full Version : Wow, nice .177 rifle

Lavid2002
July 3, 2007, 02:12 PM
My friend let me borrow his CZ 631 4.5mm(1.77 caliber) pellet gun and im impressed. Before I wasnt much of a CZ man because of inexperience but after shooting some .22s at the range and shooting this im impressed by the nice groups, feel, an build of the rifle....It has a great glass-breaking trigger pull, perfectly balanced weight, good velocity, and easy to adjust open-iron sights. And its old as all. Anyone else have this rifle? Or has shot it? Im impressed!:):):):)

629 shooter
July 4, 2007, 06:40 AM
Don't have any experience with that particular rifle but during the cold winter nights I often shoot at a 50 ft indoor range and my Beeman R7 air rifle is perfect for this use. Shooting air rifle over the past few years has actually improved my shooting with my "real" rifles.

chris in va
July 5, 2007, 01:49 AM
If it's anything like their other rifles, I bet it is nice.

Lavid2002
July 5, 2007, 09:09 PM
I would say its as good as a .22 short or better.....When I hit the squirrels they jump about a foot and a half in the air and go about 5 feet then tumble....one final shot does em off....Great rifle.

roy reali
July 5, 2007, 09:45 PM
Take a piece of two by four. Shoot at one spot on it with a .22short at about ten yards. Shoot another spot with any pellet gun at the same distance. Pick up the piece of wood at look at the results.

I have done this experiment before. There is no comparrison between the two.

FirstFreedom
July 5, 2007, 10:06 PM
Never shot or handled a CZ airgun, but if it's anything like their handguns, centerfire rifles, or rimfire rifles, it's *really* high quality - I'm a big fan.

Can you tell us where one can buy online that model of CZ airgun? Thanks.

davlandrum
July 6, 2007, 10:21 AM
I just got the Gamo moving target system for pellet gun shooting and got it assemble last night in time for a little playing/testing. It is a total hoot. It is kinda like the old carnival moving target thing, only a lot faster. It runs on 6 "C" batteries (not sure yet how long they will last, only ran it about 1 hour last night). It has a metal gutter that protects the motor and deflects any low misses down. It has 3 speed settings on the target, but I don't see a ton of difference if you just set it on one. It also has a speed lable "random", and you can really tell the target changes speeds when you are just about to shoot.

It has a chart that matches your pellet gun FPS with target distance = hunting distance. Example - I am shooting 1,000 FPS and want to practice 200 yard shots. I set up 25 yards off the target and it will aproximate it.

For the price, I am really happy with it. Should provide lots of practice time.

I might have to get a slower pellet gun so it can be used in my barn this winter (less range needed).

New_Pollution1086
July 6, 2007, 11:58 AM
how much does one of them run. i just moved into a new apt complex and we have crows squierrel and pidgeons. its time for some stealthy varmit hunting.:D

davlandrum
July 6, 2007, 12:35 PM
NP - the target system or an air rifle?? The target system was around $130. They have them at Bass Pro Shops or go to the GAMO site directly.

I spent $100 on a crossman breakaction 1,000 FPS with a scope. Absolutely the worst trigger I have ever pulled. You can spend as much as you want on a pellet gun - including more than I spend on hunting rifles. Lousy triggers seem to be a constant complaint about airguns.

Lavid2002
July 6, 2007, 03:21 PM
the search results will show you where you can but it, it runs about 100 now days.....great you wont be let down with this peice of work....

PTR 91
July 6, 2007, 03:27 PM
What is the fps on it?