PDA

View Full Version : CZ carbine is getting some use!

chris in va
June 3, 2007, 02:15 AM
As usual I brought my x39 carbine to the range today. My friend came with and brought his Marlin 30-30. Cheapest box of ammo we could find was $12, so he bought three.

We're both hitting away at some pins and steels, he runs out of ammo after an hour. I volunteer my gun.

As I'm busy teaching his nephew how to shoot a 22, I notice he's having a rather good time. I look over and find him greedily reloading the 5rd mag fast as he can, almost to the point of shaking.:p

I say, "Ah, you enjoying yourself over there?" He gives an Aw Hell Yeah and continues splintering the pins 80 yards off. I mention he can fire all he wants with the case of ammo I just bought. His shoulder was just fine after 5 boxes of Wolf, unlike the Marlin that jacked him up pretty good.

So another convert. He likes the Marlin, but after pointing out the similar ballistics of the two calibers, he sees the value of the x39.:D

FirstFreedom
June 3, 2007, 11:28 AM
Hee-hee, nice range report - thanks! :)

Keith Eckensviller
June 5, 2007, 12:37 PM
Though I don't have one. I know all about the x39 ammo. I have a couple of SKS and I want another (to trick out). Next to my 10/22 the SKS is the most fun to shoot. Recoil very managable, price excelent to say the least and hitting/stopping power supurbe. It is indeed one of the greatest rifle cartriges ever invented.

Dirty_Harry
June 5, 2007, 03:50 PM
I didnt think that .30-30 was that expensive, now my .450 on the other hand........

RNB65
June 6, 2007, 10:52 PM
God, I love my 7.62x39 CZ carbine. I rarely shoot my AR's any more because that silly, little carbine is so much fun to shoot! :)

Luis Leon
June 7, 2007, 10:10 PM
I haven't taken my CZ527 out since deer season here, no, I didn't get a deer. Though I was hoping to try out those Wolf 154 gr. soft points. This post has inspired me to take her out tomorrow for a range session. It is a handy carbine to carry around in the woods, and that box magazine has really grown on me. The set trigger is also really nice, definitely a keeper for me.

regards,

Luis Leon