PDA

View Full Version : Spike's Tactical

Daniel Boom
May 28, 2007, 01:38 AM
I went to the gun show today and found a small company called "Spike's Tactical". They sold they're own M4 rifles made from uppers from "stag" and lowers from Bushmaster. The rifles looked great and they have all kinds of customizing options. The prices seemed to good to be true... Which is why I write this thread today.

Has anyone had any experiance with this company and how are the rifles they make? I'd like to get an M4 but I don't like all the shopping for accesories. The guys and girl I met there were great but I want to hear about how these rifles perform. Like any thing else, I want to go into this informed. So any M4 / AR-15 / M-16 users heres your chance to give some advice. I've always been a pistol guy but after getting the Mini-14 and the AK-47 I want to add a little class to my collection.

Check them out if anything at WWW.SpikesTactical.com

VUPDblue
May 28, 2007, 08:41 AM
Are you sure that the rifles they are building are on Bushmaster lowers? Spikes machines their own lowers (they have a spider as the rollmark) and thus it would seem counterintuitive for them to buy lowers to build rifles on. On another note, I have heard lots of people say good things about Spikes' lowers. I am considering buying a few just to see for myself.

Daniel Boom
May 28, 2007, 09:42 AM
I could be wrong about that. I could have sworn one of the reps told me that they get their lowers from the same manufacturer as Bushmaster. But I did talk to a LOT of different dealers in that gun show. PLS feel free to correct me if anything.

I saw the stamped on spider logo, and I also saw the engraving he does now. Over the mag well he can put any number of emblems or symbols in white. I saw the Marines, War commeratives, the Punisher symbol, and he has the Umbrella logo from "RESIDENT EVIL". I might have to get that...

ceetee
May 28, 2007, 10:15 AM
I shot with some guys at the Orlando Appleseed shoot that were familiar with Spike's stuff. They seemed to be very impressed, FWIW...

scouter27
May 28, 2007, 11:45 AM
$1100 for a complete rifle is alright, but hardly too good to be true. im not saying its a bad price, but the same rifle could be had for less if you shop around. i cant speak for the quality though

VUPDblue
May 28, 2007, 03:37 PM
It is possible that Spikes has their lowers manufactured by the same shop that produces the lowers for Bushmaster. Kind of like CMT making lowers for so many companies. What they told you is possibly and probably true. I interpreted your post to mean that their rifles were built on Bushmaster-marked lowers. Sorry for the confusion.

Daniel Boom
May 28, 2007, 08:06 PM
I should have been clear about that. Their lowers are stamped with Spikes emblem ( A wicked Spider). I didn't see Bushmaster anywhere on them.

VUPDblue
May 28, 2007, 08:39 PM
4 Rugers, 3 Glocks,4 Tauruses,

Shouldn't that be Tauri? ;)

fourrobert13
May 29, 2007, 01:32 AM
Their lowers are made by LAR, who also makes them for Bushmaster. If you ask them, they will tell you. I used their "Punisher" lower for a build I did and love it. Excellent company to deal with.

Daniel Boom
May 29, 2007, 10:46 AM
"Tauri"....? That does sound grammatically correct. But I'm not one what uses grammer properly. Thanks for the insight though, the decision betwixt the two varients vexed me so.

I'm thinking of either getting the "Umbrella Corp." logo or having him custom make either my agency logo, my family crest, or the Hellboy agency logo, "B.P.R.D".

Thanks for all the input guys. So far it seems like I'm going with this company. But keep sending your opinions. It will be at least two more pay checks before I order the rifle.

drifts1
May 29, 2007, 07:49 PM
+1 on the Spike's Tactical, I have the INFIDEL emblem.

The Deer Hunter
May 29, 2007, 07:50 PM
I could be wrong about that. I could have sworn one of the reps told me that they get their lowers from the same manufacturer as Bushmaster. But I did talk to a LOT of different dealers in that gun show. PLS feel free to correct me if anything.

I talked to one of the guys at the Lee gunshow, and he said the same thing.

Raider 1
June 7, 2007, 07:10 PM
There were only a very few companys that made lowers. 4 or 5. (lmt was one of them) All of the gun dealers, bushmaster, rock river, dpms etc. recieved these lowers and put their logos and the such on them, slaped on a finish and marketed them. Now days im sure there might even be more companys making lowers. Anyone with a cnc machine can do it. It all comes down to the finish(tool marks and attention to detail) and the design that u like.

john paul
June 7, 2007, 08:12 PM
just bought 4 spikes stripped lowers thru a ffl friend of mine. (2 w/ the punisher engraving, all four w/ bullet markings). i will get to meet the new members of my family saturday but he said quality and finish is good. when he ordered them he asked who made them and the phone rep said she couldn't tell him but they came from oregon(?). you get a damn good deal if you buy at least ten!

VUPDblue
June 7, 2007, 09:49 PM
I have been talking to Spike the last couple days about his .22lr uppers. We are going to build-out a SBR upper around my Outback suppressor. When he ships out that little treat, I am going to throw in a half dozen lowers to check out as well. I hope to post pics/reviews in the coming future.

Tamara
June 7, 2007, 09:55 PM
My .300 Whisper AR is a Spike's Tactical "Infidel" lower and an Olyarms upper. Couldn't be happier.

The faster that most folks realize that there are only a handful of companies forging all the AR lowers in the country, no matter the rollmark, the better. ;)

(Here's a hint: Bushmaster, Rock River, and DPMS do not make lowers. They buy rollmarked lowers the same as Mega and Spike's...)

VUPDblue
June 17, 2007, 05:12 PM
I ordered my .22 upper from Spike's earlier this week and the employee who helped me was the best! Her name is Angela and she is very helpful and great to deal with. I should be receiving my Spike's .22 SBR upper this week and when I get it mated with my Outback and SBR lower, I'll post some pics. So far an A++ to Spike's Tactical...

45reloader
June 17, 2007, 05:27 PM
1 sheep
4 sheep

1 Taurus
4 Taurus

I want an infidel stripped lower from Spikes.

VUPDblue
June 17, 2007, 05:45 PM
Maybe there should be grammar Q&A section on this forum...:p

...or a 'play on words' section...;)

Daniel Boom
November 7, 2007, 01:43 AM
I got my AR from spikes finally thing and I couldn't be happier. Between the performance of the gun and the great customer service, I couldn't be more certain I made a great choice. Even the worst part of buying a gun (paying for it) was a pleasure because of Spikes assistant. A very attractive young lady with a wicked sense of humor. I would seriously recommend Spikes to anyone looking for a quality AR for a good price.

Mute
November 7, 2007, 01:44 AM
I know a number of guys with their .22lr AR uppers who are quite happy.

neverenoughguns
November 7, 2007, 10:08 PM
I just bought a lower (with bullet markings) from Spikes a few weeks ago. Seems real nice. Will try it out soon. Real nice people to deal with!

VUPDblue
November 7, 2007, 10:28 PM
I just had them send me the M16 parts for the Ciener and a couple of the new full size Black Dog mags. Shipped the same day and, as usual, Angela was a pleasure to deal with.