PDA

View Full Version : want to make my remington dm a scout...

scouter27
May 26, 2007, 03:05 PM
its a remington 700 mtn dm in 7mm-08. im looking for opinions on what to get. what i will need is a full set of aperature sights, a good mount, and a new stock. i know of several sources for the sights, and mount, but would like any recomendations. however, the stock, im not sure where to even look. im looking for something lightweight, not really 'sporterized' and inexpensive. i would like it to have room for an extra sling stud for a ching sling, if its not included. i guess the stock is what im really looking for info on, as most other things are opined on nearly daily.

thanks

scouter27
May 28, 2007, 06:53 PM
bump... anyone?

scouter27
June 2, 2007, 02:45 PM
one more bttt, just to see if anyone catches it this time

tINY
June 7, 2007, 03:00 AM
What's wrong with the stock it's wearing now? Looks like there is room for an extra stud and it doesn't weigh too much....

You could give MPI a call - they have Manlicher style stocks. That would be a nice look and practical for a rough country rifle.

-tINY

scouter27
June 7, 2007, 03:09 PM
im just looking for one thats not plain wood, laminate is alright, though i would prefer synthetic as its lighter. dont get me wrong, i like the look of natural wood, but for practicality composites win every day of the week for me. dont worry, i think i may trade in an old winnie 94 and just spring for the m77 frontier or a savage scout, once i get to hold each and pick the one i like better

Slopemeno
June 7, 2007, 04:08 PM
Maybe a Brown Precision stock..they have a 1-lb kevlar/glass version that can be finished pretty light.

I'd stick with your Remington. They can be tack-drivers when properly tuned. My experience, both personal and professional, with Rugers has been spotty. I like my two 77's, but they dont have that accuracy potential that the 700's seem to have.