PDA

View Full Version : Finish M-39

Johnywinslow
May 20, 2007, 08:58 PM
I absolutly LOVE my Finish M39. Its my favorite rifle period. I have rem 700 and it collects dust. It was an unissued (adverised) and in almost perfect condition. the reciever is 1897 so technicly its an antique but was rebuilt by the fins and is stamped 1942 . Its by far the most accurate open site rifle ive ever fired and i have a few under my belt. My only complaint is some of the hi volocity surplus ammo is actualy machine gun ammo for pkm and swell in the chamber making it difficult to cycle. the wolf gold , sellier & ballet , and some older surplus ammo made for nagants seems to work just fine. The stock has beautiful dark light tiger like stripes. Had a new bore when i bought it from surplus guns and ammo but approx 2,000 rds later its barly broke in. I recomend them to anyone wanting a vintage surplus rifle. and the 762x54R round is cheap as well as big enough for any game in N america. Anyone else have finnish M-39s ?

foob
May 20, 2007, 11:31 PM
Everybody and their mother who collect milsurp have a Finn M39 hehe.

quack fiend
May 21, 2007, 01:21 AM
I have three m39's, two sakos and one vkt. All are great shooters. Out of all my bolt-action milsurps, which i now have quite an assortment of, i prefer only the swiss k-31 and 1903a3 springfield more as shooters. My only complaints are that short bolt that's difficult to leverage in rapid-fire stages, and the strippers i have can be problematic if you're in a hurry.

FirstFreedom
May 21, 2007, 12:39 PM
Shhhhh. No, they stink, folks. Don't believe what you read on the net, that will drive up prices. :)

.45&TKD
May 21, 2007, 11:54 PM
Well if you're gonna brag, how about a photo?