PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Ranch in 6.8SPC

MaineMan
May 18, 2007, 09:28 AM
I just saw on the Ruger site their Ranch rifle is coming out in the Remington 6.8SPC. With the updates made to the whole Mini-14 line this should be a great little rifle for a lot less than one on an AR platform. The usual problem of no good hi-caps will rear its ugly head, but for hunting deer we can only use 5 rounders anyway. this should be a graet little rifle with more than enough power for a whitetail.

Jason_G
May 18, 2007, 05:49 PM
I've thought hard about it, but the lack of good mags disuaded me. I think I'm going to save up for an M1A.

Jason

gmarr
May 19, 2007, 11:29 AM
I've had my Ranch Model in .223 for many years now and it runs excellent. I've had it scoped and now have gone with a red dot. Now I see the Ranch in 6.8 SPC and really started thinking about it. My only concern is magazines. I don't need 30 rounds, but reliable 15 or 20 rounds would be nice.

It could also find its way into the LE market with the hi-cap magazines. I just might be adding one soon...

hoytinak
May 19, 2007, 12:10 PM
Now, why did you have to go and post this thread? Now i've got one more rifle on my "to do" list. :p The only problem i've ever had with my .223 mini is those darn mags. Hopefully someone will think of that and fix it with the 6.8. It would make a great truck gun.

MaineMan
May 19, 2007, 07:14 PM
I apologize hoytinak. Can you find it in your soul to forgive me.:)