PDA

View Full Version : C4000 Stealth

George F
August 18, 1999, 11:22 PM
Does anyone here have any experience with a C4000 Stealth .40 s&w made by Heritage Manufacturing? See Heritagemfg.com.

SHORTFUSE
August 19, 1999, 12:11 AM
No , but I have handled one.
It felt sweet. I like the red
chamber loaded indicator at the
back of the pistola. Similiar to
the Taurus PT-111. Heritage has
great prices on the .22lr SA
revolvers. Forty caliber SUCKS!
Get a 9mm or .45acp. Forties kick
like kidnapped ransom victims.
Le Coq Sportif!

------------------
"No Tailgating!"

SHORTFUSE
August 19, 1999, 12:38 AM
I just read your post at
Glock Talk. If money & just
one gun are your factors ,
let me add a couple of thoughts.
The Taurus PT-111 is junk! The
Keltec P11 is not worth risking
your life. Forget about the C4000
Stealth , not enough info on it
then its not a good choice. If you
want to go low budget get a revolver.
Smith642 , Ruger SP101 , or Taurus
.38special ultra lite. If you want
a pistol that you can bet your life
on that will last. Any of the "Glocks"
except the .40cal , they hurt. No ,
I am not a pansy! The Kahr's are as
well built & reliable as the Glocks.
You may only need that gun once in your
lifetime , make sure you trust the damn
thing!!!!!

George F
August 19, 1999, 08:14 AM
Shortfuse:

I've eliminated revolvers for various reasons and have decided to go the pistol route. Agreed on the Taurus PT-111 and Kel-Tec P-11, that's why I've eliminated them and looking hard at G27. I'm going to shoot one next week before I make any decisions. I like the Kahr's too, but heavy, expensive, and not much more capacity than a revolver (6+1). Light and concealable are important or I know I won't carry it.

Have you handled one of the new All titanium Taurus revolvers? SWEET!!!! I handled a .38 in stealth gray. If I had the money and the time to wait, this is one revolver I would go for (but in .44 special). Extremely light, compact, and packs a reliable punch.

SHORTFUSE
August 19, 1999, 12:17 PM
I have a Kahr , its as good
as any Glock. The Stopping
power FP on the .40cal is
impressive , even better than
the ballistics of the .45acp.
You are going to feel it in
the recoil. The .40 velocity
is higher than .45. FF are
some avgs.

.380acp = 200fp
.38special = 200fp
9mm = 350fp
.45acp = 450fp
.40cal = 500fp

These are just my averages.

The titanium pistols will recoil
like ticked off mules , go
aluminum alloy instead.

[This message has been edited by SHORTFUSE (edited August 19, 1999).]

koolaidwino
March 12, 2009, 10:35 PM
I have Stealth that my brother in law was kind enough to give me. I have put about 400 rounds through it and had one jam. I think it was a limp wrist issue because it happened when my son was shooting. I use a smart carry holster and it can be uncomfortable sitting if the gun isn't positioned properly . I am considering a change to a Kahr but only to get something a little smaller to carry. The C-4000 shoots fine, seems very reliable, and I don't find it particulary rough to fire. I do get a red thumb by the end of a 100 rds but hey, it's a small price to pay for the .40 S&W ballistics in my opinion.

LightningJoe
March 13, 2009, 09:42 AM
The Taurus PT-111 is junk!

Hee hee. The Mil-Pro is darn fine hardware in my experience. The Kel-Tec (to which the Mil-Pro has a lot of design similarities) is, I think, less solid, but many have been well satisfied by them. Plus you won't find a 9mm that can take a 12 round magazine in any package as small and as light as a P11.

Tamara
March 13, 2009, 10:45 AM
One experience I have with the Heritage Stealth is when our gunsmith was asked to provide expert testimony in a lawsuit. It seems a Stealth had launched its FP assembly out the rear of the slide and into the eye of the shooter, destroying his eye.

I had already had a poor opinion of them, and this did nothing to help it.

This incident occurred in east Tennessee, in the summer of '01. (Approximately two years after the first post in this thread... :rolleyes: )

#18indycolts
March 13, 2009, 10:54 AM
Forty caliber SUCKS!
Get a 9mm or .45acp. Forties kick
like kidnapped ransom victims.

I agree, a .40 is a bit snappy for a CHILD to handle, but any adult can handle them just fine.

Dave85
March 13, 2009, 11:48 AM
Hey, what do you all think of the brand new SW99? Is it as good as the Walther?

Gotta go, I taped Tuesday's episode of Dharma & Greg on my VCR, and I'm going to watch it right after I take delivery of my brand new Isuzu Amigo!

Bart Noir
March 13, 2009, 01:34 PM
Nicely done, Dave!

Bart Noir

old_ironsights
March 13, 2009, 09:05 PM
The Stealth you mention is simply the .40 cal version of the 9mm Heritage Arms Stealth. Wilson Combat's ADP is the current version of the design.

Urban legends abound about the Stealth and how the slide came off and either flew down-range or backwards or sideways, or did a reverse flip...ad nauseum. Those stores are all BS.

The .40 cal version is very shootable, and the recoil is surprisingly light and straight back. It is tiring to shoot for any length of time due to the light weight and the cumulative effect of the recoil. It is comparable in size, weight and performance to the Kel Tec P-40 (see attachment). As with the P-40, the Stealth is not kind to those who limp-wrist.

At less than $200.00, the HA Stealth is a decent buy. At Wilson Combat's price, it's criminal.

2damnold4this
December 22, 2010, 04:13 PM
The firing pin assembly flew out the back of my C2000 some years ago and I lost it in the woods. Anyone know where I can get replacement parts?