View Full Version : How much do you pay?

March 15, 2007, 10:02 AM
Here in Georgia I pay $27.00 for my hunting lisence. That's my hunting permit $10, big game permit $9, and primitive weapons permit $8. This allows me to hunt anything in the state except ducks. How much do you guys pay in your state?

March 15, 2007, 10:07 AM
I think the ' sportsman ' in NY is $39 for big game, small game and fishing together.

here it is:

Senior Sportsman $5
Seven-day Fishing $12
Fishing $19
Small & Big Game $19
Small Game $16
Trapping $16
Jr. Trapping $6
Sportsman $37
Bowhunting $16
Muzzleloading $16
Super Sportsman $68
Turkey Permit $5
Conservation Legacy $76


March 15, 2007, 10:27 AM
Sportsman here (everything except waterfowl) is $40.00 unless the price has recently increased. My wife bought me my lifetime sportsman license about 6 years ago for Father's Day so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

March 15, 2007, 10:36 AM
New Hampshire, combination (would be a sportsman anywhere else I think) is $48.50. Gives you one whitetail tag for firearms season, small game hunting and fishing. Just the hunting license is $24.50.

Now if you want to add muzzleloader season (uses your firearms deer tag) it's $16. Bear is $16. Pheasant is $16. Turkey is $6 for 2 tags. Archery deer hunting is $24.50 or $22 plus the original hunting license ($48.50 or 24.50).

If I remember correctly, to get every NH tag comes out to $124.50.

Oh, and we have a moose drawing. $10 to enter and $100 for residents, $300 for non-residents. That and you must possess a valid hunting license.

Don't worry, I won't post the non-resident prices on licenses. But just a taste, a non-resident hunting and fishing license is around $143.50 IIRC.

Edited: Ah, here's the price list: http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Licensing/license_prices.htm

March 15, 2007, 10:44 AM
Here in Washington there are 5 different choices for big game licenses.
#1. Deer + Elk + Cougar + Bear. totals $72.27 for adult resident
#2. Deer + Elk. Totals $61.32 for adult resident
#3. Deer OR Elk + Cougar + Bear. Totals $50.37 for adult resident
#4. Deer OR Elk Totals $39.42 for adult resident
#5. Cougar + Bear Totals $21.90 for adult resident
We then have to pick which weapon for the elk and deer tags, archery, muzzelloader, or modern firearm. That makes it so you cannot hunt that animal in any other season except for the season made for your weapon choice. Muzzelloaders are only legal here wih NO copper jackets, no scope or optics, and the action must be exposed, like precussion cap, and flintlock style guns. Prices are about half for youth (16 or less) or a disabled veteran. The non-resedent cost is about 10 times more (acctual figures not exageration). It is illigal to hunt any wildlife in washington with a crossbow or a bow that has a device holding it back, unless you are permenantly disabled.
There is no baiting or use of hounds allowed for cougar or bear.
Then for small game it is $32.85 unless you have already purchased a big game then it is reduced to $17.52. Grouse and Coyote can be hunted with either a big or small game license.
Turkey tags are $15.33 each.
West side Pheasant permit is $39.42.
Second bear tag is $10.95
Second cougar tag is $10.95
To buy a second tag for bear or cougar you must show proof that the first tag has been used.

I currently buy option #1, $72.27, a small game $17.52, and my freshwater fishing license every year. This all totals $111.69 every year. This year all I have to show for that is a ton of hiking, one rabbit, and a lost grouse. Thats not including fishing which I have plenty to show for, well worth that extra $21.90, but this is a hunting forum isnt it.

And thats not if you put in for anything for raffle like; moose tag, mt goat tag, bighorn sheep tag, spring bear tag, fall turkey tag, cow elk tag or doe tag (for units that only allow bulls or bucks), and elk or deer tags for units that are closed off except to drawing winners.

charlie in md
March 15, 2007, 11:35 AM
it's $24.00 for a basic license. Bow and black powder stamps are $6.00 each, and additional deer permits are $6.00 each.

If you want to hunt migratory birds (including doves) you need to buy a $9.00 stamp

March 15, 2007, 12:56 PM
Here in Colorado

Deer is $34.
Elk is $46.

plus 5 to 10 bucks for a "Wildlife Habitat Stamp", 3 bucks for drawing application, 0.25 for S&R.

March 15, 2007, 01:09 PM
In SC, the resident sportsman's lisc. is $50. It covers hunting, fresh-water fishing, big-game, WMA lands and migratory birds. State duck stamp is another $5.

March 15, 2007, 01:19 PM
considering i'm only 16 the jr. sportsman in WV is only 18 dollars and it includes deer archery, deer buck gun, deer anterless, deer muzzleloader, black bear, wild turkey, wild boar, trapping, and fishing. trout stamp is 10 dollars more. the regular sportsman is $33.

March 15, 2007, 01:43 PM
Just applied for an elk/deer combo in Montana as a non-resident........$663.


March 15, 2007, 04:05 PM
Here is how it goes in Colorado, Habitat stamp is a max charge of $10 per year $5 for first two licenses, or you can buy a lifetime stamp for $200.


Small Game
Resident $21
Nonresident $56
Small Game (one-day)
Resident/Nonresident $11
Comb. Small Game & Fishing
Resident $41
Military w/60% or more disability free
Fall Turkey
Resident $16
Nonresident $101
Resident $26
Nonresident $201
Youth (Under 16) Small Game
Resident/Nonresident $1
Costs include 25-cent search and rescue fee, and 75-cent surcharge
for the Wildlife Management Public Education Fund.

(Add $5 for Habitat Stamp)
Resident...................$34 Nonresident......................$304
Youth, Resident .......$13.75 Youth, Nonresident..........$103.75
Resident...................$49 Nonresident Bull..............$504
Nonresident Cow.............$254
Nonresident Either Sex ...$504
Youth, Resident .......$13.75 Youth, Nonresident..........$103.75
Resident...................$34 Nonresident......................$304
Youth, Resident .......$13.75 Youth, Nonresident..........$103.75
BEAR - Resident......$44 Nonresident......................$254
MOOSE - Resident..$254 Nonresident......................$1,719
Costs include $3 nonrefundable application fee, a 25-cent search and rescue
fee and 75-cent surcharge for the Wildlife Management Public Education
Fund. ***Habitat Stamp required.

(Add $5 for Habitat Stamp)

Rocky Mtn. Bighorn:
Resident $254
Nonresident $1,719
Mountain Goat:
Resident $254
Nonresident $1,719
Desert Bighorn:
Resident $254
Costs include a 25-cent search and rescue fee and 75-cent
surcharge for the Wildlife Management Public Education
Fund. ***Habitat Stamp required.

Resident ..............................................................$ 41
Nonresident ........................................................$251
Costs include a 25-cent search and rescue fee and 75-cent surcharge
for the Wildlife Management Public Education Fund.

March 15, 2007, 06:01 PM
Resident Licenses Fishing $ 17.00 One-Day Fishing $ 9.00
Hunting $ 17.00
Hunting & Fishing $ 25.00
Youth Consolidated Hunt/Fish $ 7.00
Trapping $ 17.00
Deer Hunting $ 24.00
Second and any Additional Resident Bonus Antlerless Deer License $15.00 Spring Turkey Hunting $ 25.00
Fall Turkey Hunting $ 25.00
Trout/Salmon Stamp Privilege $ 11.00
Waterfowl Stamp Privilege $ 6.75
Game Bird Habitat Stamp Privilege $ 6.75
Disabled American Veterans $ 2.75

March 15, 2007, 06:22 PM
$117, Includes hunt, fish, elk, deer, bear, mtn lion, turkey, upland bird, salmon, steelhead. Muzzle loader and bow permit. May be more I'd have to look.
Antelope, moose, Big horn sheep, and Mtn. goat are draw only. More bucks.
I buy a package deal otherwise the F&G here in Idaho wants a dime for everything ya do.

March 15, 2007, 06:32 PM
Here in Indiana it's 24 for one deer tag
24 dollars for a turkey
I think 13 something for small game
and 13 something for fishing
I bought a lifetime hunting and fishing liscense for 700 and some change a few years back when they raised the prices.

March 16, 2007, 05:02 AM

$11 habitat certificate
$18 youth package (under 18) 1 white-tail, upland/waterfowl
$20 for first antlerless mule deer
$20 for second antlerless mule deer
$33 White tail
and so on and so forth its all quite reasonably priced.

March 16, 2007, 08:14 AM
An Alaska combination hunting, sportfishing and trapping license is $55.00.
Deer, moose, sheep and caribou tags are free. Brown/grizzly tags are $25.00. Tags aren't required for black bear.

Bison and elk are generally done by drawing. Bears on Kodiak are done by drawing. Tags for drawing hunts have an application fee of $5.00 $20.00 depending on species.

We also have special registration and subsistence hunts in various areas.

March 16, 2007, 01:02 PM
From what I remember in Wisconsin it cost $37 for a liscence after the last price increase. Then there is a habitat fee, ($6 I think. I don't live there anymore) game liscence ($15) and I think that's it. Out of staters pay like $137 for a deer tag. It's rediculous how outies get the shaft on this stuff. (we have a 57 acre plot out in the boonies in Bergum Coulee outside of La Crosse onalaska area. Closer to Holnam.) Our party has taken a twelve pointer or six for you westerners, and a massive 10 pointer (5 points). Had a 16 1/2" spread at tips, 24" spread at main beam, 7" T1 tines, 4" brow tines, and a 4 1/2" circumference at the thickest part. T2's were I think 5" and T3's were 3". The twelve pointer (6) had a 3 "spread at tips But that's all I could guess since it was not taken by my family. Not really that impressive except for the sheer number of tines (was a typical type). Now I consider that 10 pointer to be worth the $130+ we paid for. We got two does that year too.

Fat White Boy
March 16, 2007, 08:58 PM
Here's California's Fees. The only things I still hunt in California are pigs, quail and the occasional coyote. We used to be able to buy a book of 5 pig tags for $7.50.

The following table contains a description of the different types of California hunting licenses including fees.

Hunting Licenses

Resident Hunting License
$ 37.30
Required for any resident 16 years of age or older who takes birds or mammals

Nonresident Hunting License
$ 129.40
Required for any nonresident 16 years of age or older who takes birds or mammals.

Two-Day Nonresident Hunting License
$ 37.30
Required for any person 16 years of age or older, for taking resident and migratory game birds, resident small game mammals, nongame mammals and furbearers for two consecutive days. IMPORTANT! This license is NOT valid for deer, bear, antelope, elk, sheep or pig.

Junior Hunting License
$ 9.70
Required for any resident or nonresident less than 16 years of age who takes birds or mammals.

Disabled Veteran Hunting License
$ 5.75
Required for any honorably discharged disabled veteran with a 50 percent or greater service-connected disability who takes birds or mammals. Certification from the United States Department of Veterans’ Affairs is required at the time of application or a copy of a previous year’s California disabled veteran’s hunting license.

Hunter Education Validation Stamp $ 3.70
Required to validate a hunter education certificate. When affixed to a hunter education certificate, allows the holder to purchase a California hunting license.

Big Game Tags and Applications

Resident First-Deer Tag Application
$ 24.95
Residents and nonresidents 12 years of age or older at the time of application or who turn 12 before July 1, 2007, may purchase a first-deer tag application and a second-deer tag application. Enter up to three tag choices (See the 2007 Big Game Hunting book for proposed zones and hunts). Up to six hunters may apply as a party. To be processed as a party, all hunters in the party must:

· Submit their applications in the same envelope or in the same fax transmission, with the party leader's application on top;

· Indicate party leader's name and driver's license, DMV ID or DFG ID number;

· Designate the number of hunters in their party and list the same party leader; and

· All party members must make same tag choices in the same order on their applications.

Resident Second-Deer Tag Application
$ 31.00

Nonresident First-Deer Tag Application
$ 219.20

Nonresident Second-Deer Tag Application
$ 219.20

Big Game Tags

Elk Tag
$ 339.50

You must be at least 12 years of age on or before July 1, 2007 with a 2007/2008 California hunting license. Each person may submit only one elk drawing application each year.

Antelope Tag
$ 113.25

You must be at least 12 years of age on or before July 1, 2007 with a 2007/2008 California hunting license. Each person may submit only one antelope drawing application each year.

Bighorn Sheep Tag
$ 320.00

You must be at least 16 years of age on or before July 1, 2007 with a 2007/2008 California hunting license. Party applications are not accepted. Applicants can not apply if they have previously been issued a sheep tag in California. Each person may submit only one sheep drawing application each year.

Resident Bear Tag
$ 36.50
Resident and nonresident hunters 12 years of age or older at the time of application may purchase one bear tag application per license year.

Nonresident Bear Tag
$ 220.00

Bobcat Tags

(5 tags per book)
$ 12.75
Residents and nonresidents 12 years of age or older at the time of application may purchase one (1) book of five (5) bobcat tags per license year.

Resident Wild Pig Tag
$ 17.85
Residents and nonresidents 12 years of age or older at the time of application may purchase multiple pig tags which are sold individually. There is no limit on the number of pig tags you may purchase. Tags are nonrefundable and nontransferable.

Nonresident Wild Pig Tag
$ 59.60

Bird Hunting Stamps

California Duck Stamp
$ 16.00
Required for any person taking waterfowl, excluding juniors hunting under the authority of a junior hunting license.

Upland Game Bird Stamp
$ 7.60
Required for any person taking upland game bird species, excluding juniors hunting under the authority of a junior hunting license.

Federal Duck Stamp
$ 15.00
Required for any person hunting waterfowl. Hunters under the age of 16 are exempt from Federal Duck Stamp requirements.

March 16, 2007, 11:01 PM
I pay nothing.......I bought a lifetime hunting and fishing license back in 1987 for $300.00 and it paid for its self a long time ago. Best investment I ever made.

March 20, 2007, 10:18 PM

Statewide 16$ All game animals
County 8.50$ All game animals
hunting and freshwater 24.50$
Sportsman (saltwater, freshwater, hunting) 59.50$

hunting on your homeplace, or land your parents own and were born on FREE

@ 64 years old you can get a lifetime for the yearly license fee.

I was given a lifetime hunting for Christmas when I was 16. They are 300$

March 21, 2007, 11:49 PM

Hunting Licenses Resident Nonresident
Sport Pac (see 2007 Big Game Regulations) $130.00 ---
Combination – hunting and fishing $43.75 ---
Hunting License $22.50 $76.50
Juvenile Small Game/Bird (Ages 14-17) $4.50 ---
Senior Citizen Combination License (70 and older, Oregon resident for 5 years) $21.50 ---
Senior Citizen Hunting License (70 and older, Oregon resident for 5 years) $11.00 ---
Three Day Nonresident Bird Hunting --- $21.50
Disabled Veteran Combination License Free ---
Permanent Pioneer Combination License Free ---

Hunting Tags, Permits and Validations Resident Nonresident
Pronghorn Tag $36.50 $277.50
Black Bear Tag $11.50 $151.50
Bighorn Sheep Tag $101.50 $1,083.50
Cougar Tag $11.50 $151.50
Deer Tag $19.50 $264.50
Elk Tag $34.50 $361.50
Disabled Vet/Pioneer – Elk Tag $18.00 N/A
Rocky Mountain Goat Tag $101.50 $1,083.50
Pheasant Tag (Denman, E.E. Wilson, Fern Ridge, Sauvie Island ) $11.50 $11.50
Turkey Tag $18.00 $64.00
Game Bird Permit/Reservation (Fern Ridge, Klamath Falls , Sage Grouse, Sauvie Island) $1.50 $1.50
Upland Game Bird Stamp (Validation*) $6.50 ---
Waterfowl Bird Stamp (Validation*) $9.00 ---
Nonresident Bird Stamp (Validation*) --- $31.50
* Validation required for hunters 14 and older

Controlled Hunt Applications
Big Game Controlled Hunt Application $4.50 $4.50
Game Bird Controlled Hunt Application $2.50 $2.50

Hunting - Raffle Tickets (1) (6) (13)
Bighorn Sheep Raffle Tickets $11.00 $51.00 $101.00
Deer Raffle Tickets $4.00 $11.00 $21.00
Elk Raffle Tickets $6.00 $21.00 $41.00
Combination Elk and Deer Raffle Tickets $11.00 $31.00 $61.00
Pronghorn Raffle Tickets $11.00 $51.00 $101.00
Mountain Goat Raffle Tickets $11.00 $51.00 $101.00

Resident Furtaker's License $31.50
Nonresident Furtaker's License $176.50
Resident Hunting License for Furbearers $12.50
Resident Juvenile Furtakers License (Age 14-17) $16.50

March 22, 2007, 02:12 PM
Here in Illinois I pay:
$7.50 resident hunting
$5.50 Habitat stamp
$15.00 deer permit (firearm) x2
$25.00 deer permit (archery either sex and antlerless only) x2
$15.00 deer permit (muzzleloader)
$15.00 Spring turkey x2
$15.00 Fall turkey

$153.00/year on license and permits. :eek:

March 22, 2007, 03:57 PM
In 2004, at the age of 35, I paid $775 for a license that allows me to hunt & fish the whole state for the rest of my life, including ALL deer & turkey tags. Only things not covered are federal licenses (HIP & Waterfowl), and each lake's own particular day fishing permits. Thus, I have no idea what the rates are for each, but they would be found here: