View Full Version : Anyone know of a slipon grip I can get for a PG shotgun (wood stock)?

December 1, 2006, 10:12 AM
I got an old junk Sears Model 66 12 gauge shotgun that has had the barrel and stock cut (still legal length) and now has a pistol grip. Well, the pistol grip looks good from the side, but on the back it's kind of ugly because I had to use wood putty to cover up the bolt/hole that attached the stock to the gun and it doesn't match perfectly. I thought about putting a slip on grip on there, but I haven't seen anything that'd work good. I was just going to buy one for a full sized revolver and slip it on but I think the PG on there now has too much curve to it and it make it have a gap between the grip and the wood and look worse than how it is now.

Anyone got any ideas? Custom fit ones, something?

December 1, 2006, 11:32 AM
I cut to size a piece of bicycle inner tube. Works great and its cheap and easily replaced.

December 1, 2006, 01:35 PM
+1 on the inner tube. I use it on handguns.

December 1, 2006, 01:50 PM
A number of grip companies sell "slip on" type rubber bands.
These are nothing more than fancy versions of the original "Glock sock" which early Glock pistol user used to increase the grip on the earlier, smoother Glock's.

These early Glock Socks were nothing more than section of bicycle inner tube.

I imagine that one of the current slip on grip band would fit your gun, but the inner tube is cheaper, and really just about as good.

December 1, 2006, 03:05 PM
Wow, thanks guys! That's the kind of response I was looking for, something homemade and cheap. I was afraid that if I used something custom fit for another gun like a S&W J-Frame or something that it wouldn't fit right.

I'll pick up an intertube at Wal*Mart today :cool: