View Full Version : Charlie shut me down
September 1, 2006, 12:04 PM
So what is the problem Capt. Was it getting to hot on that thread? I didn't know moron and or selfish idiot were curse words. Sorry that some of the threads that were given fit those above categories. See people just believe that they can do whatever they want whenever they want irregardless of how it effects other people especially when people are paying hard earned money, so therefore they are selfish, they are an idiot because once you tell them how their actions can and will effect everyone they can't add 1 +1 =2. Evidently some of the members and fellow shooters in this forum feel that this is OK to do at their ranges. Now wonder why we can't shake the bad press off of gun ownership and shooting. If I went to a range and or club when I started and saw things that people on this threat think and do, I might not have joined. I know a lot of people will be happy that you did shut the thread down. Oh well. I guess ignorance is bliss to them, hope they do not get hurt.
September 1, 2006, 12:10 PM
I'm suprised it wasn't closed sooner.
For as many threads I see get locked for various reasons(just browse around), I was really suprised your thread went on as long as it did.
1. You bashed "plinkers" and used it to mean something totally different. Most people like to plink, so you started a thread(as a new member) to tell everyone else to stay at home unless they kept their shooting with samurai discipline.
2. Your smart-ass remarks got you nowhere. If you look around, this is a very formal MB with few arguments, flame wars, or cursing. We are very fortunate to have this luxury on the garbage-filled internet.
3. Your personal smart-ass remarks to OldBill, Hedley, Capt. Charlie, and others were uncalled for. They were defending plinkers and the joy it brings to most people. You just followed up with retorts based on assumptions of age, skill, and the ability to read your witty posts.
4. Your thread was formatted in such a maner as someone would post a response, then it would be immediately followed by a "masterfull" comment, albeit awkward(ie-your incoherent response to Charlie), by yourself. It is if you wanted to instigate a fight.
5. And the fact that you waste more bandwith making a new thread about how the TFL staff shut you down only supports the fact that you just want to ruffle feathers.
You may call yourself a master, and you very well may be on the range, but on message boards, you are known as a troll.
And the "banned" comment was a joke. Lighten up.
Esquire M Busterbury
September 1, 2006, 12:26 PM
Wah. Build a bridge & get over it.
I didn't know moron and or selfish idiot were curse words
Maybe not but they're disrespectful. But here's an idea, DON'T let it go, START another thread whining about it, and get BANNED so the rest of us can get the mental image of you throwing a tantrum out of our heads. And long live plinking!
September 1, 2006, 12:28 PM
I read your plinking post right up until Charlie banned it and I was LMAO:D. Hey dude, if I don't agree with you 100% are you gonna start calling me poopy names too.:D
Lets see how long this one lasts.:cool:
But here's an idea, DON'T let it go, START another thread whining about it, and get BANNED so the rest of us can get the mental image of you throwing a tantrum out of our heads. And long live plinking!
Now that was funny right there!!:D
September 1, 2006, 12:47 PM
Good grief, it's like watching a slow motion train wreck.
ppcmaster, on TFL, members don't call each other names. We just don't do it. It doesn't matter whether the names are "curse words" or not -- TFL members simply don't refer to each other as morons or idiots or poopyheads.
At least, TFL members who want to remain TFL members don't do that.
Not all shooting is ppc-style. Some folks spend weekends in more casual types of shooting. Some of us practice for self-defense or for defensive handgunning games. Many shoot slowfire type games, but not all shooting is done slowfire. Some of it has to be practiced quick, from the holster, and involves dumping as many rounds on target as you can get downrange, just as fast as you can go.
No sense sneering at the folks who don't shoot your style of shooting. Plenty of room for us all.
September 1, 2006, 12:53 PM
Frankly Bob, you give the sport a bad name. Had there been folks like you shooting here in NC, I never would have taken up the sport and would never have enjoyed it as much as I have for the past three years. I can say unequivocally, that your hostile attitude is the polar opposite I've experienced in the Law Enforcement shooters here in NC.
You're supposed to be an ambassador for the sport. You've failed miserably.
September 1, 2006, 01:08 PM
Somewhere a bridge is lonely.
September 1, 2006, 01:18 PM
I think he's gotten the hint, folks. Debate is an artform, and for those passionate about their beliefs, it takes a concerted effort to focus on the idea and not the person.
The "live fire" going on here isn't the type this forum was intended for, so let's close this one as off topic ;) .
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.