View Full Version : Convert Ruger #3 to #2

Yankee Doodle
August 30, 2006, 07:02 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy a used wood buttstock for a Ruger #1 rifle? I want to replace the stock on my #3 for one without the curved butt plate. Cutting the existing stock is NOT an option. This was my Dad's rifle. Option would be to buy an entire butt and fore-end set, in either wood or synthetic. Can anyone help?

August 30, 2006, 12:02 PM
2 options-
1- Go to your local gun shop and have them order one for you
2- Call Ruger and order one yourself

There are aftermarket synthetic stocks, laminated stocks, and wood stocks available for the #1, but Ruger doesn't charge very much for their stocks.

Yankee Doodle
August 30, 2006, 01:46 PM
Thank you.
I was not aware that Ruger would sell a butt stock. I will give them a call. Do you know who makes a synthetic?

August 30, 2006, 07:46 PM
MPI makes a synthetic stock for the #1.

September 19, 2006, 10:11 PM
Boyd's Gunstocks makes a ruger replacement for the #1. About 100$.