View Full Version : Military Mauser Wrench?

April 2, 2006, 03:46 PM
Hi I recently attended a gun auction that had quite a few MILITAY MAUSER rifles for sale. I purchased a box lot and in the bottom of the box I found a tool that I will call a combination tool. It a has 4 tools which fold up into the handle, 2 are flat bladed scew drivers, 2 are what I call a type of spanner wrench? Folded it measures approx 5 1/2 inches long the end apprears that it can be used as a socket wrench? The only markings are 1939 KD. thanks BOB

June 4, 2011, 08:09 AM
Hi Bob,

Did you ever find out what this is?

A friend of mine picked one up at a junk sale just out of interest, and I said I'd look into it and found this forum.

His, where yours has the countersunk hole, has a piece of copper, thus turning it into a kind of hammer for hammering steel when you don't want to damage it. It also has '1939 KD' stamped on it.