PDA

View Full Version : Mini 14 Folding Stock Question...

tz40cal
February 5, 2006, 05:33 PM
I recently aquired a "pre ban" mini 14 with folding stock and all of those other extra features. I was told by the person from whom I aquired this from that the stock was an original Ruger folding stock, as he bought it directly from Ruger before the ban went into effect. However, on top of the stock just behind the receiver, the word "Falcon" is pressed into the wood. I attmepted to locate a stock manufacturing company by that name and came up with nothing... so my question is this... is this stock really a factory stock, or is there a company out there somewhere called "Falcon" that makes a copy?

Hkmp5sd
February 6, 2006, 07:14 AM
It is an after market stock. Here's mine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Hkmp5sd/Mini.jpg

smince
February 6, 2006, 06:46 PM
Yes, the Falcon is an extremely close copy of the factory folder, but it ain't the real thing. I think they have been out of business for over 15 years or more.

tz40cal
February 6, 2006, 08:51 PM
Thank you very much for the info. It's nice to know when you get gipped...

granite
February 6, 2006, 11:35 PM
On original Ruger folders, the front swing swivel is on the LEFT side (not on the bottom).

blume357
February 7, 2006, 06:36 AM
for that puppy. It's still a nice looking older mini-14. I prefer folding stocks on my military style rifles.

smince
February 7, 2006, 06:20 PM
The Falcon folders were a very well made quality product. And they filled the niche that Ruger left open by only offering limited sales of the factory folder for us "civilians". Personally, I would rather have the Choate. Stronger lock-up, more sturdy, and synthetic.