PDA

View Full Version : cabelas vs. redhead vs. nikon optics

jonb1
February 4, 2006, 11:19 PM
Does cabelas have anything better than the redhead (Bass Pro) house brand scopes. I'm looking to build a good deer rifle without spending a lot of money. Some involved in this forum are here to talk, and that's great, but some are here to gain experienced advise. I'd really appreciate any help I can get. I've decided on a Savage 11G (hunter) 30-06 and I'm thinking about a Nikon 6400 Buckmaster scope, but I was hoping to here some feedback or ideas.

DnPRK
February 5, 2006, 01:00 AM
I would guess the Cabelas and Bass Pro house brand scopes are made in China. I do not know where the Buckmaster Nikon scopes are made. I have an older Japanese Monarch Nikon 3x9 scope that has very good optics and repeatable adjustments.

Have you considered the Leupold VX-1 series scopes? If I were on a budget and in need of a scope that wouldn't fail, that would be my choice.

GlocksRfun
February 5, 2006, 01:37 AM
I have a Nikon camera (coolpix 4100) and just got brother Nikon binoculars for Christmas... I almost kept them, played with them daily. Never seen a Nikon scope but I love Nikon. Great lenses, durable. They take lenses very seriously over there. If I was in the market, I'd go Nikon. I don't have any facts or statistics to give u, just personal preferance and 2+ years of being nothing but happy with Nikon.

918v
February 5, 2006, 01:49 AM
Get a nice used Burris or Leupold on Ebay, instead of buying worthless crap made in the jungle by 10 cent/hr. labor.

Fremmer
February 5, 2006, 09:36 AM
MidwayUSA is having a sale this month on Bushnell 3200 scope. (http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=657824)

dgc940
February 5, 2006, 10:49 AM
I have a nikon monarch and it is a great scope! but I also have a weaver V series and it is as good and cheeper!

fisherman66
February 5, 2006, 01:08 PM
I have a friend that is a clerk at the firearm counter at BPS. I asked who made the RedHead brand. He said, "...a blind Chineese man." He quickly pointed me to the usual suspects in quality scopes.