View Full Version : Replacement Scope Caps

May 28, 2000, 10:38 PM
I have stripped one of the caps off the windage adjuster for my Simmons scope. Who carries replacements at a reasonable price?
It is an 8 point model 8X32.

I thought I'd seen it all, until a 22WMR spun a bunny 2 1/4 times in the air!

George Stringer
May 29, 2000, 07:05 AM
Doc, the best source would be the manufacturer. George

May 29, 2000, 12:49 PM
check out local shops, esp, any that take a lot of trades, many shops will take off scopes from rifles they take in trade, and wind up with a lot of leftover scopes and parts,(covers etc.) they can't get rid of. A buddy lost both of the caps off of one of his scopes when rezeroing it and was able to replace them this way super cheap.


May 29, 2000, 04:22 PM
I hit the swap meets and junk boxs at the gunstores.I pick up any busted up scopes that I can buy for a buck or two.Do some checking around and you will find what you need.I buy a lot of stuff before I need it but I guess that why people call me a pack rat.

We have a criminal jury system which is superior to any in the world;
and its efficiency is only marred by the difficulty of finding twelve men
every day who don't know anything and can't read.
-Mark Twain