PDA

View Full Version : Norinco SKS feedback

jaymag
February 4, 2006, 11:45 AM
I bought one of these chinese SKS's last week.I group very while at 50YDS,for starters.The gun fuction perfect!No JAms!I think i'll try for coyote with this badboy.Any feedback! on these?

Toney
February 4, 2006, 11:59 AM
Very good rifles, i've owned 2 norincos and a yugo. I've only seen one norinco jam, think it was a freak deal, a case rim jamed in the charger guide on the bolt carrier on the way out.

I did buy a 20round mag with the last rifle. It has a perfect record, it has never fead a round. But it looks really cool:rolleyes:

rugerdude
February 4, 2006, 12:34 PM
Excellent firearm! Light, handy, short, good round, good accuraccy at realistic ranges, great value.

I have a yugo, but I've shot my uncle's norinco quite a bit and I enjoy them both for different reasons. Both however, are fantastic guns.

okiejack
February 4, 2006, 01:01 PM
I've enjoyed my SKS for over a decade and a few thousand rounds. Last time I bought ammo it cost around a hundred bucks for 1200 rounds.

It'd be real hard to beat an SKS because it's inexpensive, well made, and there's plenty of them.

Webleymkv
February 4, 2006, 07:57 PM
My dad had one a while back. It consistently jammed on the last round in the magazine (better than the first I guess). His solution was to use USA brand 30rd detatchables that always worked fine for him. The follower in the fixed mag looked like a piece of scrap metal that someone had tried to stamp into a follower. He now has a different Norinco that seems to be much better made (it feeds all ten rounds). I on the other hand have a Yugo 59/66 (I like the look of the grenade launcher).

PDshooter
February 4, 2006, 10:14 PM
You'll be glad you bought one!:D I own 2 SKS, one chink, and 1 russian. Shoots anything I put through it! Can't go wrong! I use mine when I go to SD for PD. It's my "Jump out of the truck" gun when I see a coyoto!:eek:
You saved yourself a ton of cash $$$$ NOT BUYING a RUGER 30!:barf:

Tom2
February 4, 2006, 10:22 PM
What ammo do you use on the coyotes? And how does it do, whack em good, fall right over? If you get an older Chinese, they seem to be about as good as the Russians, except for the funky wood.

jaymag
February 4, 2006, 10:31 PM
Any 7.62x39 round will knock a coyote down dead.It will pass through them no matter what ,with dual blooding holes.I would feel safe with rock bottom wolf FMJ ammo.

AkAkman
February 4, 2006, 11:02 PM
I've had a couple of SKS's over the years. Right now i have a Yugo that does the job just fine. It'll go bang everytime i ask it too. :D

I've used that gun on coyote hunts before with good results. All the kills with the gun were under 100 yds, which is a very reachable distance with this rifle no matter what others say about their accuracy.

BTW, i use the Wolf ammo for coyotes too.

grndpndr
February 5, 2006, 04:57 PM
Las coyote i shot here in SD was with a chinese SKS and FMJ surplus at about 50 yds.Youd have thout he was hit with a .243 and HPs.small entrance in the chest and saucer size exit with half his rib cage blown out the hole.Never seen the like except w/a bushie A2 and 55 gr fmj at about 150yds
if any thing it was even more destructive,definitely not what to use if your saving hides to sell!
PS: the chinese SKSs ive owned the machine work was actually very well done,in fact there were less tool marks than on the FN49 I owned which was made by FN and supposedly one of the finest
made military rifles evr,not to mention I NEVER had any sort of malfunction w/any chinese sks even after shootingg an entire case of some 800 rds on arainy afternoon w/o any cleaning/lub at all.Down side is they were not the most accurate wpns-4-6 moa at 100 meters.

DWARREN123
February 5, 2006, 10:22 PM
I have one and it is much better than ny 2 Yugos, have had them used against me a time or three and know they are fairly good in closer conditions.

marks655
February 5, 2006, 10:30 PM
I have one and it is much better than ny 2 Yugos

I was thinking of getting a Yugo SKS. I have several Chinese and a Russian. What is bad about the Yugo's ?

rugerdude
February 5, 2006, 11:09 PM
^ The yugos are a bit on the heavy side, but accuraccy is great (as good or better than the norinco in my experience) and if you're shooting off a bench, the weight is good.

I personally prefer the yugo to the norinco because of the added length and weight. The gas shut off is neat too.

DWARREN123
February 5, 2006, 11:18 PM
Nothing bad just I am more accurate with the Norinco and it has a chromed lined barrel for the corrosive ammo and, in my opinion, easier cleaning, also seems to handle better to me.