PDA

View Full Version : Volquartsen Parts...junk?

Dog Confetti
February 3, 2006, 12:17 AM
Anyone else have bad experiences with Volquartsen?

A friend and I both have been modding out 10/22's and have had bad experiences all around...sears that need filing, hammers that are too small, various parts made for incorrect sized pins, etc. They've got great customer service, but so far their parts are crap. Anyone else have similar experiences?

InSoMNiaX23
February 3, 2006, 12:53 AM
I have one of their hammers in my 597 and it made a huge difference in the trigger pull. It seemed to be of good quality for a non complex part.

Rivers
February 3, 2006, 10:12 AM
I've installed several Volquartsen hammers, with excellent results, and no fitting required.

Mal H
February 3, 2006, 10:22 AM
I've never had any problems with any Volq parts used on several different firearms. I hope their QC isn't going downhill.

Barr
February 3, 2006, 12:19 PM
VQ is the best way to go. I have some parts in the mail right now.

Lycanthrope
February 3, 2006, 02:00 PM
The first VQ sear I put in a 10/22 was great. The second one needed major filing.

Rembrandt
February 3, 2006, 04:13 PM
A friend and I both have been modding out 10/22's and have had bad experiences all around...sears that need filing, hammers that are too small, various parts made for incorrect sized pins, etc.

Post some pictures to show what you're talking about....got a lot of Volquartsen and I've never had a problem.

Sako 75
February 4, 2006, 11:27 AM
no complaints here

topspin43
February 4, 2006, 02:17 PM
Try HORNET parts in the future... either on ebay or their website. The complete trigger group was as good and half the price of a VQ. On top of it... the husband/wife team at Hornet is wonderful.

http://www.hornetproducts.com