PDA

View Full Version : M98 German Mauser

dale taylor
February 1, 2006, 03:54 PM
I'm looking at M98 270 with peep and 2 stage Jaeger trigger. Bolt neet to be forged or bent for scope. Recent threads about Mauser Bolt handles make me shy. I have a M96 6.5x55 and M98 338 WM. Should I buy it?? I know making mods is not economic. I need a scope for my aged eyes. Can I tap for bases myself?

gdm
February 1, 2006, 05:47 PM
centerfire systems has a mount that cl;amps on somehow for a k98k, have not tried it.theres also a few at the brownelles website.brownelles is a gunsmith place that has just about everything one would need for any mods.,if you order something, they will send you their huge catalog,just ask.

I have ruined a couple receivers thinking it was easy to drill/tap...if youre not sure, have a gunsmith do it

mtnboomer
February 1, 2006, 11:10 PM
The Centerfire Systems clamp-on mounts are junk. They slip under recoil and place the scope too far above the receiver.

Have a competent gunsmith weld a new bolt handle to your bolt and drill and tap the receiver. You'll be much happier with the outcome.

Toney
February 3, 2006, 12:25 PM
You can buy the drilling and tapping jig from midway for what it would cost you to have it drilled. The jig is $40, they get $10 a hole here to drill and tap.

Webleymkv
February 3, 2006, 08:02 PM
How about a scout mount?