PDA

View Full Version : Mojo Sight systems.

Scribe
February 1, 2006, 03:41 AM
Has anybody used these? I want to upgrade the sights on a Mauser 98K. It's a Yugoslavian arsenal refurbished model, not an M48.

Another option would be to use a Burris Scout scope I already have, with a mount from B square or from GunAccessories.com.

Any reviews on the above welcome.

MTMilitiaman
February 1, 2006, 04:27 AM
I have one on my Romanian AK clone. It doesn't help much with the short sight radius but barring that, I think it is about the best thing that can be done to help with iron sights on the Kalashnikov. Sight picture for me, at least, is drastically improved in cleanliness and just how fast it allows me to get on target. All future AKs will have them cause I now consider them essential to the platform.

TechSights are better for the SKS. Can't speak for the Mauser.

Olaf
February 1, 2006, 09:13 AM
I use Mojo sights on both my Yugo M48 and M48b. A big improvement over the issue iron sights, they are that which allows me to continue using iron sights, with my less-than-perfect eyes. I'd highly recommend them. One issue which you need to decide is whether you prefer a conventional front post (blade) sight....or whether you want the Mojo front aperture ("snapsight"). Some people find the front aperture to be disconcerting, as they think it will lead to inaccurate shooting. This is not the case, because the natural process is for your eye to try to centre the view of the front aperture in the (view of) the rear aperture....and the same for the target. So, in my experience, one can be equally accurate with both systems. The advantage with the Mojo front aperture is that the sight doesn't obscure the target - you look THROUGH the sight, to the target. This is important at distances beyond 100 yards or so. One caveat about the Mojo sights. In low light condtions, they (using both the front and rear apertures) reduce the amount of available light which gets to your eye. I have only found this to be an issue indoors. Outdoors, it has never been a problem. The front and rear aperture sights do require a bit of adjustment ("getting used to them"), if you've never used such a system before, but this is a minor (and short-lived) issue.

As for a "scout scope" mount, if you should decide to go that route, do yourself a favor and avoid the B-Square unit. The S & K "insta-mount" is much better made....and more stable once installed.

45-70
February 2, 2006, 08:07 PM
I put a Mojo on my M38 Swede to replace the military rear sight and improved my groups quite a bit. That big V-notch in the military sight must take more getting used to than I was willing to give it.

Akgeezer
February 2, 2006, 10:46 PM
I installed a Mojo Aperture sight on my GP WASR AK 47. I found the original rear sight was damaged when I purchased the rifle, but I hadn't noticed the problem until I brought it home.:eek: The Mojo Sight works great on the AK. As someone stated earlier, it is the best improvement, to the original iron sights, that you can do for an AK.:cool:

reliable
February 2, 2006, 11:42 PM
Put one on both my SKSs. Work fine and am probably going to put one on my AK. I like them. Larry

30-40Krag dude
February 3, 2006, 05:29 AM
i put a set of the micro click snapsights on my mosin, and they are outstanding. the sights seem to line up automatically as soon as you bring the rifle up. well worth the money.

quack fiend
February 3, 2006, 07:56 AM
i have the dual apertures on a k-31, VERY nice with a small bit of practice--1" off the bench every time, couldn't do but 2" with the irons

lfmayor
February 3, 2006, 12:24 PM
I put a mojo micro click rear on a old Turk Mauser I bought... they're worth every penny in my opinion.

Akgeezer
February 3, 2006, 04:59 PM
It's good to hear some positive opinions on the micro-click. I don't have one, but wondered about getting one when I got the original peep sight. The only problem with this sight, is you can't quickly adjust for different ranges with the set screw adjustment. I have mine zeroed for 100 yards and that's good enough for my use. I later purchased Mojo's smaller apperture kit that includes two additional size appertures. I use the smallest size to shoot at paper targets. They really are an improvement over the iron sights, but the AK will never be a match target rifle.:mad: It's still fun to maximize its' capabillities, though.:) The mico-click would be nice, if you want to put out a few more bucks.:rolleyes: