PDA

View Full Version : Vote for the best rifle

Ziostilon
January 27, 2006, 11:16 PM
Choose between an H&K 416 and a AR-15.
You can use whatever brand you want for the AR-15, just post it and tell us what brand it is.

Compare the two by their performance and its user-friendliness. Not by the price. Don't compare the two by its avaliability (if it is offered to civilians or how rare it is), just compare the two if you can have either one. Both of them have the same price, a really good one. So you had to choose which one you wanted to buy.
Think about if it can support many accesories or not.
Would it get stuck and not fire?
Remember about the cost of the bullets, if the gun is good but the bullets are just too expensive for you to buy there's no point in buying that rifle.

I think most of you know how the AR-15 works, so I'll give out a basic info site on the H&K 416.

http://www.hkdefense.us/pages/military-le/rifles-carbines/hk416.html
In that link, at the bottom of the page, there's a review on the gun

tvick66
January 27, 2006, 11:40 PM
AR-15 was the best choice when buying since it was actually available. But it's like comparing a PC and a Mac. The 416, like a Mac, may be arguably better (because of gas piston system), but more people own, and more vendors support the AR-15. As for reliability, I clean my gun after every shooting session so I have not had a problem with it not firing, as long as I use the right ammo:D

Half-Price Assassin
January 27, 2006, 11:46 PM
is this poll a joke? your wondering if i would pick an HK anything, over an AR-jamomatic-15????? give me a G3, or even an AK47 before giving me an AR-15 on the battlefield.

p.s. -- i own a bushmaster xm-15 a3 :(
and i like taking polls :D

BigFunWMU
January 28, 2006, 01:33 AM
I don't think I can make an informed decision on the poll without testing out both platforms....

So, I am going to need you to send me a few ARs, one each from the ABCR group should do. I already have an Armalite, so that leaves 3 there. Also a couple 416s, one for each BBL length:D :D

Yep, that should do it;)

yorec
January 28, 2006, 01:43 AM
I'd go with the AR hands down, almost any of them... But since I'm not familiar with the 416, that doesn't mean too much - go with what you know as opposed to what you don't.

Langenator
January 28, 2006, 01:49 AM
You mean I can't choose, say, the Barrett 468, or the DSA gas-trap carbine?

Dirty_Harry
January 28, 2006, 10:50 AM
The new HK is very nice looking, but you cant really buy them, and not knowing much about the HK makes me vote for my AR-15

Swede
January 28, 2006, 01:05 PM
Same here, I've never shot an HK but I do have an AR. DPMS and it only jams when using Olympic ammo.

Optical Serenity
January 28, 2006, 01:47 PM
As he stated, don't vote based on availability.

As been said before, HK anything is better than any AR-15.

That being said, I own a Rock River AR-15 which I love, but its no HK.

Ziostilon
January 29, 2006, 08:05 PM
What rifle in the 416 category, do u think can be a match for the 416. Cause I think I read somewhere that H&K is saying the 416 is better than the G-36. From my point of view, that's a compliment.

Who thinks the FN SCAR can beat the 416?