PDA

View Full Version : Which Bolt-Action .22 for Hunter-Class Silhouette?

LH2
January 27, 2006, 10:00 PM
I want to get into the smallbore silhouette and have narrowed it to a few rifles.

CZ452 - Good value, accurate, heavy factory trigger, but that can be fixed. Costs around $330

Anschutz 1416 - Best trigger in the bunch, reputation for accuracy, but most expensive at around $600.

Remington 504 - Better trigger than CZ but costs about another $125. I do like the fact it's American-made. ;)

Savage MkIIBV- Lowest price, American made, and I've heard the Accutrigger is actually pretty good.

beaver396
January 28, 2006, 12:57 AM
all are pretty good guns, i have heard nothing but good things about the cz, havent heard to much hipe over the 504, you can never go wrong with an anschutz. I havent heard any reviews about the savage.

I think you should send this question to benchrest.com, they will tell you everything you could possibly want to know about each gun, and which is better for you.

i will say
1. anschutz
2. cz
3. rem/savage.

WIN71
January 28, 2006, 10:03 PM
May check the 453. It's a new model and I believe they have a single set trigger. If it does it would be worth looking into.

Remmy
January 28, 2006, 11:07 PM
I would either get the annie or the CZ. I have a CZ 452 varmint...was actually shooting it today. Getting one hole groups at 60 yds off a couple of towels on the hood of my tahoe with eley rifle target. That is about par for the CZ's and there accuracy...i have not heard a single complaint out of them from anyone at rimfirecentral.com...actually one of the reasons i bought one.
Also, about the 453, ive heard that the price isnt worth it for the trigger... when you can get the brookes trigger upgrade at $14.00. www.cz452.com I did and my trigger is just under 2 lb.

LH2
January 28, 2006, 11:42 PM
May check the 453. It's a new model and I believe they have a single set trigger. If it does it would be worth looking into.

What's "single set trigger" mean? Is it a much smoother or adjustable trigger?

Trigger seems to be the only complaint on the 452, with occasional finish complaints. Hard to argue for the price though.

grimjaw
January 28, 2006, 11:53 PM
On the CZ's, the 'single set trigger' means this. After you've chambered a round, you can push the trigger forward until it clicks. The break after that is *extremely* light. Definitely don't want your finger resting on the trigger after it's set until you're ready to fire. On the 527, even the standard trigger isn't too bad.

jmm

Drue
January 29, 2006, 08:04 PM
I believe that the 452 is the best bang for the buck but that the Anschutz is the better rifle. Some of what makes the Annie rule the Olympics has filtered down to the sporters. The CZ can shoot a possible but the Anchutez will have a better trigger which is vital to offhand shooting. I am not familiar with the set trigger on the 453 but remember that a Hunter Silhouette rifle needs at least a 2 lb trigger.

Drue

Varmint Eviscerator
January 30, 2006, 06:11 PM
cz has MUCH better balence,pointability and is quick to the shoulder. It will match annie accuracy and is a great value. Plus they have more "class" then an annie,cz is very unique in every model.Mind you, people have shot perfect scores with a marlin mod 60 and people with the most tricked out piece on the market walk away ashamed
Chase

beaver396
February 1, 2006, 01:47 AM
It will match annie accuracy

the cz is a great gun but i wouldnt go that far with it.