PDA

View Full Version : Ruger PC carbines

Mikeyboy
January 27, 2006, 09:55 PM
Anything bad about the Ruger PC carbine in 9mm or .40SW??? Isn't there compatable high capacity magazines for them?? Might be my next buy.

esldude
January 27, 2006, 10:17 PM
A bit hard to clean is about all I can say against them. Very ruggedly made. Accurate enough for purposes, and very reliable with all ammo I have tried (PC9). They can use the Ruger pistol mags. Available in 15 rounders or aftermarket mags of 25 or 30 rounds. I do also dislike the fact the mag is in front of the grip, and sticks down a bit. Though that isn't a big knock on it.

I forget where, but you can also have them altered to accept Glock, Beretta or S&W mags for a quite reasonable price.

I have a red dot on mine, which is a good combination.

Sun Tzu
January 28, 2006, 12:53 AM
Mikey,

I owned a PC 9 for 5 years. It was a solid carbine. Plenty of hi caps available, 15, 20, 25, 30 rndrs steel mags. Go for the Mcgregor? spelt wrong sorry. Those mags are da kine.

I sold it for a couple of reasons. First, Its heavy when empty and a beast when loaded w/a hi cap & 2 spares on the butt stock. Second, No folding or pistol grip stocks available period! Third, Over priced for its caliber. Over $550 base price. A Mini 14 is cheaper. Fourth, No real accessories available either.

I say buy a Mechtech CCU for your Glock or Springfield 1911. And build a nice carbine w/a 16" barrel.

Or better yet buy an Auto Ordanance 30 cal carbine. Its cheaper, made better, weighs only 5lbs, plenty of hi caps from 15-40 rnders, pistol grip & folding stocks available, etc...

Laterz, S Tzu

gak
January 28, 2006, 11:24 AM
Sun Tzu - good comments. Always felt they were too heavy for the round they were shooting and the handiness their compact size otherwise would suggest. (Same trait shared with their Mini 14 and 30 - about 1/2 - 3/4 pound heavier than necessary or desirable. Lighten them up a bit Ruger then you'll have something. Ditto - get the M1 .30 Carbine - Auto Ord or GI, can't go wrong. Ball for target/plinking, sp or hp for hunting, SD/HD.

blume357
January 28, 2006, 05:06 PM
earlier today... don't know where it went. I bought a ruger pc9 about two months back to go with my P95... I think they are great little rifles. Trigger is a little hard, but I think it will smooth out and loosen up over time. I don't think they are too heavy... dead on good shooter out to 50 yards at least.

I found 20 round magazines at Numrich gun parts for the pc9 & p95's. Guy sent me an email this a.m. that you can get 20 round mags for the 40 cal rugers at: http://www.gunclips.net/rugerpseries.html

personally I think if you have a p-series ruger pistol you need either a pc9 or pc4.