I want either a Bushmaster M4 or the Rock River Arms CAR A4.What do you
guys own and likes and dislikes? :D

jbrowningfan
February 3, 2006, 10:45 AM
That would be my choice, and was.
CAR Elite. Quality is best IMHO

Big Cabin
February 3, 2006, 11:15 AM
I bought a Bushmaster. Fit and finish are great I have what I think is called the M84 with the 16" barrel and collapsable stock.
It is a really fun and accurate rifle.

VUPDblue
February 3, 2006, 11:50 AM
+1 Big Cabin. I love my Bushy. very accurate and great fun to shoot...
Here it is...http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16786&d=1136867234

Lycanthrope
February 3, 2006, 12:27 PM
RRA. No reason to pay more when both are good guns.

Optical Serenity
February 3, 2006, 12:41 PM
I inspected both guns and ended up with an RRA. Also my dept bought Rock Rivers for duty use, and believe me, the state has a wild rigorous selection program.

Chris Phelps
February 3, 2006, 01:39 PM
I bought a Bushmaster. Fit and finish are great I have what I think is called the M84 with the 16" barrel and collapsable stock.
It is a really fun and accurate rifle.

That is a "Patrolman's Carbine" (Model Number BCWA3F 16M4)

I don't have much experience with RRA, but my preference lies with Bushmaster. I will be buying the M4 w/ permanently attached Izzy suppressor (model number BCWA3 14M4 IZ) when my tax return check arrives.

FYI - The difference between the M4 and the Patrolman's M4: The M4 has a 14.5" barrel and permanently attached suppressor (to conform to the 16" barrel law). The Patrolmans M4 has a 16" barrel and removable suppressor. Overall length difference is (I believe) 1.8"

poortrader
February 4, 2006, 12:01 AM
I would pick Rock River because you get more for the money.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e95/poortrader/rock.jpg

I haven't decide what to do yet with my sight setup yet because the way it's setup right now, I don't have a rear sight.

chargedmr2
February 4, 2006, 07:07 PM
VUPD -
Just curious...why would you mount your optic out on the rail as opposed to on the upper receiver with a BUIS?

Lycanthrope
February 4, 2006, 07:57 PM
Lots of people (myself included) find it much easier to acquire a red dot if it is farther forward. Very fast for heads up, both eyes open CQB shooting.

VUPDblue
February 5, 2006, 10:13 AM
+1 to Lycanthrope first of all... Second, in this arrangement I can use the iron sights in the handle to co-witness. also in this arrangement, when I want to shoot a little farther with an optic (ACOG) I can mount it right on top of the handle like it was intended w/o having to remove the red dot. Just the way I prefer it for now...;)