PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 94 Scope Questions

azredhawk44
January 26, 2006, 11:47 AM
Before anyone gets upset, I have 4 of them. I have a 70's model top-eject and 3 brand new angle-ejects. 2 are staying in the box as collectibles (hopefully) and one is doing duty as a replacement for the 70's top-eject.

I am mounting a scope on my new angle-eject. I have the Leupold mounts that straddle the bolt, and have the rings on order from midway. Medium height STD Leupold rings.

I am using an inexpensive Swift scope, 3-9x40.

The purpose of this rifle/scope pair is for varminting (100-130gr "bullet of the week" loaded around 2600fps), as well as a "fall-back" rifle for hunting in case anything happens to my M1A (broken firing pin/extractor, whatever). In the second instance, it will have 170gr flat-points moving around 2100fps.

What I am worried about is how to sight this rifle in, since I intend to shoot two very different loads out of it with the same scope.

Does anyone have access to ballistic software that they could give me a "guestimate" for how to sight these in?

As an uneducated guess, I am thinking I want to shoot for zero on the light bullets at 200 yards, which would put me about 2 inches high at 100 yards, and with the heavy bullets I want to shoot for zero at 100 yards and adjust for drop on my own past that point.

Can anyone chart that, though, with software? What software and how much is it?

Thanks guys.

azredhawk44
January 26, 2006, 04:25 PM
bump