View Full Version : jeweling

January 23, 2000, 11:23 AM
Can anyone tell me-what is the tooling used in a drillpress or milling machine used for jeweling bolts or receivers?

January 23, 2000, 11:48 AM
Believe it or not, this can be done with an ordinary pencil and a can of jeweler's rougue. Set the drill press to a slow speed, chuck in the pencil eraser down, smear on a little jeweler's rouge and go to town. The tricky part is keeping the pattern consistant. Be sure to practice first on some scrap metal. That way you can get the speed and amount of pressure you need to get what the result you want.

January 23, 2000, 12:05 PM
Jantz knife making supplies also sells what they call jeweling sticks that chuck up in a ordinary drill and work quite well.


We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

George Stringer
January 23, 2000, 02:20 PM
Snobird, Brownells, www.brownells.com (http://www.brownells.com) markets a bolt jeweling jig that indexes to make you "squiggles" uniform. George