View Full Version : jewelers' rouge?

January 15, 2000, 05:39 PM
I keep reading about jewelers' rouge being used with a dremel to polish feed ramps. Where do I find jewelers' rouge? Also should a fine (400-800 grit) sandpaper be used first? If so, which grits?

David Schmidbauer
January 15, 2000, 06:40 PM

I polished a few things on my Freedom Arms Revolver (Loading Gate, Ejector Rod Housing, Ejector Rod Knob). What I did was get one of Dermel's Polishing Kits. These contain a couple polishing "stones" (different "fineness" (grit)) and rouge.

Don't know if this was the way to do it but taking my time I was able to achieve mirror finishes on those items without changing their shape/contours. You may want to pick one of these kits up to do your polishing.

Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

January 15, 2000, 08:34 PM
Go to an auto shop & look for a tootpaste sized tube of AUTOSOL.
Made in Germany & would put a shine on a Glock if rubbed enuff ! ;)

"The Gun from Down Under !"
E-mail [email protected]
Alternate E-mail
[email protected]

George Stringer
January 15, 2000, 11:37 PM
Green Dragon, you should be able to find the rouge and the paper at any hardware store. My local True Value carries both. George