PDA

View Full Version : I'm Stumped. Assistance Apprecaited!

BigJon
November 7, 2005, 01:36 PM
I am just stumped. I have an old, cheap "premier" 22 which I've researched down as I can. Here's the link to a more full description:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186880

This is pretty much my last shot as far as internet research goes. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Kindest regards,
Jon

greeneggsnham
November 7, 2005, 05:17 PM
me been luukin. me stumped too

johnbt
November 7, 2005, 08:34 PM
Premier was a trade name used by Montgomery Ward.

I read the description, but it didn't ring a bell. A picture would help.

John

BigJon
November 8, 2005, 02:11 AM
Hi, John. I've gotten way past the Montgomery Ward thing. Problem is that I can't figure out what model I'm looking at. The e-gunparts schematics that I can see on-line suggest that a Model 15, or 15-A is close, but NONE of the schematics, or even photos of rifles, that I have seen have a stock this shallow (because of no magazine), and none have the weird bolt mine does. And of course, I don't know what the other models look like because one has to pay for the schematic to see it, and I don't know what schematic to order because I don't know the model number (a bit of a Catch 22). So ....

I can't get my photos to load here, so I'm emailin' them to you.

Thanks so much for you assistance.

Best,
Jon

James K
November 11, 2005, 01:31 PM
I can't see your pics without logging in and getting more spam. Can you upload from your computer?

You seem to think the gun is not a Stevens 15, but everything you say points in that direction. The clincher would be if the trigger is a piece of bent stamped steel. Ignore the stock shape as often makers changed the stock during production or owners modified it to suit themselves.

FWIW, here is a Stevens Model 15 pic.

Jim