PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Gaucho Grips?

Hawken1911
November 2, 2005, 09:26 PM
Does anyone know if the Taurus Guacho will take Colt SAA grips?

Sir William
November 2, 2005, 10:08 PM
The one I tried to fit with Ajax faux ivory grips didn't. I believe it was the Ajax grips though as I have had trouble with them on Rugers too.

omegapd
November 3, 2005, 02:36 AM
The latest issue of Handguns magazine has an article on them. I skimmed that article (no interest in SA stuff) but what I remember said it did.

sheriff-g
November 10, 2005, 11:16 AM
Howdy we stock and sel a lot of grips for single action revolvers. Here is the answer....

The Taurus Gaucho is a Colt Single Action Army clone and will take replacement grips for the SAA. However, most SAA's and clones have variances in the grip frames due to the way they are manufactured including filing. Therefore, almost all of the grips we sell for the SAA have to be hand fitted by the customer or by the grip manufacturer. The same would apply for the Taurus Gaucho. The grips are all manufactured to the same dimensions... it is the grip frames that run you into trouble.

Conversely since Rugers are cast and then polished, meaning little if any filing is needed, the grip frames tend to be fairly consistent and grips usually fit acceptably with no fitting. The SAA and Rugers have diiferent shaped frames and are not interchangeable. Also, Rugers have differnet grips frames based on when the gun was made.

You can see our selection of single action grips here.
http://www.cowboyneeds.com/Grips.html