PDA

View Full Version : Proud owner of Buckmark Standard

fwcofficer
September 25, 2005, 12:57 AM
[/RAVE ON] Well Friday after trying to waste some time in Jet's Florida Outdoors, I ended up buying a Browning Buckmark Standard. I've been in the market for a .22 for a while. After shooting it, I am hooked, the gun shoots like a dream and the trigger is awesome. If I would have known they were this nice, I would have bought one a long time ago... So if anyone is thinking about buying one, you won't be dissapointed. [/RAVE OFF]

HSMITH
September 25, 2005, 05:32 AM
I agree, my Buckmark has a lot of miles on it and still is just a great little pistol. Some of the best gun money I have ever spent.

Swamp Yankee
September 25, 2005, 06:51 AM
Excellent pistol, enjoy it.

Word of caution, Buckmark Standards generally require one of the Buckmark Target models for companionship.

Take Care

skipper~ray
September 25, 2005, 01:47 PM
AMEN Brother

topspin43
September 25, 2005, 03:50 PM
Where is Jet's Florida Outdoors? Enjoy the new pistol... fun and inexpensive to play with.

LH2
September 25, 2005, 03:54 PM
Where are the Buckmarks manufactured?

How do they compare to the Ruger MkII/MkIII by someone who's shot both? I've spent alot of time with a MkII and really liked it.

radshop
September 25, 2005, 05:40 PM
My Buckmark Std has grown on me. When new, it had a lot of feed problems with all ammo tried and was total no-go on hollowpoint. By the end of 500 rounds of CCI blazer, it was much improved. Now (less than 3 months later) I have over 3000 rounds through it and it is great - glad I stuck with it. I definitely shoot it more than all my other guns put together. In fact I just got back from the range a bit ago; I put 450 rounds of Federal Lightning though the Buckmark. (I buy ammo in bulk.)

A must-have accessory for your Buckmark is the Ultimate Cliploader - I got mine on ebay. It loads magazines effortlessly - I load 5 mags full in 20-30 seconds. More time shooting, less time loading. (As stated above, I buy ammo in bulk.)

That sweet, sweet trigger makes up for the minor annoyances about the pistol. I wish I didn't need an allen wrench to disassemble, but I'm used to it now. When cleaning, keep oil off the threads of the sight base screws and they won't work free if torqued down well (no loctite required). And don't remove the grip panels unless you are ready to catch the small parts that are underneath with no retention (poor design, I think).

If I had it to do over again, I might go with a Ruger Mark II. But it's been a long time since I've shot one of those, and I'm sure I'd find little things wrong with that, too. All in all, I'm very happy with my Buckmark.