PDA

View Full Version : Mac-12 .380 calibre

CKy123
September 22, 2005, 04:35 PM
I want to know everything there is to know about this gun and everything there is to know about Macs in general........thanks CKy123

AK103K
September 22, 2005, 06:44 PM
They go faster than most go faster guns. :)

glock19er
September 22, 2005, 07:07 PM
i think gang bangers in general use them for spray and pray warfare.dont aim just shoot from the side :D

AK103K
September 22, 2005, 07:23 PM
There's nothing wrong with the MAC's CKy123, but I'm sure you will get some differing opinions on that. I dont have a .380 MAC, but I do have a 9mm SWD M11/9mm, and its a fun little gun. They do shoot very fast, compared to most others(in the 1000+/- rpm range) and can be a challenge to shoot if your not familiar with them. These type guns shoot from an open bolt(except for a couple of early ones, the semi's shoot from a closed bolt) and have the issues associated with them. Mostly its the bolt flying forward when the trigger is pulled that many find objectionable and disconcerting, but its really no biggie when you get used to it. There are some safety issues too, especially if your used to most other semi auto type guns and closed bolt full autos. To someone accustomed to them, the open bolt tends to look "safe" or safer when its cocked and ready to go, needs attention when you make it safe and its best not to drop it when cocked. :) They work best with the stock extended, and even without an extension or suppressor, are easily controlled. Good hits on full auto are easily made out to 25 yards, but its better to set it to semi for shooting past that.

CKy123
September 23, 2005, 06:09 AM
Ok, thanks I was looking at one of the semi-auto .380s. And even though its off subject im looking at some other guns too and if you know anything about them please feel free anything you know about them. The gun are Chzech sa vz.58 semi-auto, Dpms ar-15, Romanian sar-1 and the .380 mac-12

jonathon
September 23, 2005, 09:56 AM
Czech M58 is a cool gun :cool:

Got to shoot one once, and I drooled :eek: :D

AK103K
September 23, 2005, 05:10 PM
Try doing a search on the guns your interested in. You'll get a lot more info and most likely the answers to your questions.

CKy123
September 24, 2005, 07:37 PM
I have one more thing to ask, does anyone know anything about the Yugoslavian SKS Carbine??? Thanks,
Cky123

AK103K
September 24, 2005, 08:05 PM
Heres a quick search on here for that gun. Most of the time, a quick search will give you an answer to your question, or at the very least get you to someone who can better answer it.

SKS search results (http://thefiringline.com/forums/search.php?searchid=639406)