PDA

View Full Version : PJK-9HP Cleaning

verticaledge69
September 22, 2005, 03:35 PM
Hello Everyone..... I am new to this forum, and have a few questions. First, i would like to say I am sorry if I sound ignorant in my questions. I am fairly new to this.

I have a PJK-9HP that is in diar need of a cleaning. Does anyone have a manual, or can provide instructions on disassembling and reassembling. Also, what is the best cleaning kit.

I have also seen threads of modifications people have done to theirs, any recommnedations?

Thanks for all the help..... :)

res1b3uq
September 22, 2005, 04:50 PM
http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/ Mr. Camp has a book on the Browning. I think you will find the two pistols almost identical.

verticaledge69
September 22, 2005, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the link res....

Anyone else have some info, preferably something free. I'm a poor boy.

Thanks for the help.

Dave R
September 22, 2005, 08:17 PM
I have the same pistol. Here's how I clean it.

Remove the magazine.

Rack the slide, while pushing up on the slide lock (the lever on the left that is not the safety). The slide stays back.

Push the slide back a bit farther and push the safety up. That locks the slide and takes the pressure off the slide lock, which is also the disassembly pin.

Push/pull out the assembly pin. That's the lever on the left which is not the safety. I have to kinda push the nub from the right side, while pulling on the lever from the left side.

When it comes out, pull the slide back again, release the safety and gently assist the slide off the front of the gun.

Turn the slide over, and you'll see the recoil spring. Pull it a bit toward tghe muzzle to free it up, then it'll come out. NOTE WHICH WAY ITS ORIENTED. You can assemble the gun with the recoil spring in upside down, but it won't function very well. THe litttle circle points toward the barrel.

Now take the barrel out.

Clean the bore, clean the slide, and clean the rails on the frame. Lube the rails as you see fit.

Reassemble. Put the barrel in, put the recoil spring in (with the circle down toward the barrel), put the slide on the frame, and pull it back to where the safety can catch it. Put the assembly pin back it. Release the safety, and then rack the slide a few times to make sure everything fits right.

Done.

verticaledge69
September 29, 2005, 09:19 AM
Thanks Dave..... I will give it a shot.... Doesn't seem like it could be that difficult.

Dave R
September 29, 2005, 04:07 PM
Its not. Let me know how it goes.