PDA

View Full Version : Colt Mustang Trigger

cdw3423
September 22, 2005, 02:18 AM
I just received a Colt Mustang and due to a weakness in my hand I literally can not pull the trigger. So obviously I need some work done on it. Can some one make a recommendation of a high quality gunsmith in the Oklahoma City area? Alternatively is it all that complex for someone with good mechanical skills to lighten the trigger with out having to send it to a gun smith? Isn't most of it just polishing the mating parts?

michael t
September 23, 2005, 01:02 AM
It may look like a 1911 but its not. I would have a gun smith look at it. I never found my Mustang that heavy of course I don't have a weakened hand. What I wondering if you get trigger lite enough, would it still be safe.
2nd problem if trigger job is screwed up well were are you going to find the parts. I haven't seen a trigger for sale in forever let alone sear and other parts.

Wolff springs did have a lighter main spring for mustang that was suppose to reduce trigger pull. Might start with them. first You can replace springs and their cheap. Good luck. Mustang is one of the softest shooting 380's I have ever fired. and a great pocket pistol.